Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - I BLAME THE WIFE.

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

I BLAME THE WIFE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Commuting)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JONNO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: I BLAME THE WIFE. Reply with quote

Brilliant sequence of events riding home last night. I was approaching a small crossroads when my phone went in my back pocket, I can never dig the bloody thing out before it stops ringing so I stopped at the side of the road and saw it was the missus probably checking when I would be back, so I thought I had bettered ring back. As I am talking to her a police van screams up to the junction with it's lights flashing and closes the road, I can hear him shouting to the drivers that it is due to a bad accident a little further up the road. As I am explaining this to the wife a guy in a Peugeot drives straight into the back of me and throws me off my bike into the hedge. Policeman hears bang, stops driver and runs up to see if I'm alright. Car sees chance and drives off. Meanwhile my phone is still turned on and missus is panicking like mad at the other end half hearing stuff. Anyhow the good news is that apart from bruises I seem to be OK, the officer wrote his reg number on the back of his hand, was also a cyclist and said he would do what he could to find the driver. True to his word he tracked the guy down, and rang me back a couple of hours later. He got all his details for me (he was insured) and said he hoped they would prosecute. He also said the guys wing mirror was hanging off and there was a scrape down his car. I still can't believe I was so lucky not to be in hospital and that there was a policeman stood ten yards away!
I was being chased by a police dog last week, and made the mistake of trying to escape through a little tunnel, over a see-saw and through a hoop of fire. It finally caught me as I was weaving in and out of some sticks.
Roy Gardiner
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're OK; just pissing off, people are bastards aren't they?

"Everything in war is simple, but the simplest thing is difficult." Carl Von Clausewitz
Des

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a bit of "luck" there, both good and bad. Glad you're not hurt.
Lee
World Champ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you are ok, what sort of numpty drives off when there are police as witnesses.
JONNO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, got a few bruises and a few laughs at work but VERY lucky I think. He was in his sixties so I was wondering if he'd had a couple at the golf club or something and that was why he was on a back road and so keen to get home before the police could get to him.
I was being chased by a police dog last week, and made the mistake of trying to escape through a little tunnel, over a see-saw and through a hoop of fire. It finally caught me as I was weaving in and out of some sticks.
special guest star
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JONNO wrote:
Yeah, got a few bruises and a few laughs at work but VERY lucky I think. He was in his sixties so I was wondering if he'd had a couple at the golf club or something and that was why he was on a back road and so keen to get home before the police could get to him.

thats a good theory I live in between a quartet of Cheshire courses - around 4.30 the lanes are full of beamer 7 series weaving around like the banana splits

legro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky escape Jonno, glad you're still with us

Fear leads to anger....Anger leads to Stress......Stress leads to Doobies...and Doobies leads to Twinkies

The spirit of Brian must live on
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
martin smith
World Champ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JONNO wrote:

Hopefully the penalty for a hit and run is worse than the penalty for drunk drivng
mattr
World Champ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin smith wrote:
Hopefully the penalty for a hit and run is worse than the penalty for drunk drivng

5 points and a £800 fine plus costs for the last one who tried to hit me.

he even managed to miss Very Happy
Wozza
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]

Aaaah, the Banana splits - Quality Cool . Glad you're ok Jonno. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Commuting) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: