Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Lateral release

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Lateral release

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Health & Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vitus
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Lateral release Reply with quote

Has anyone on here had this procedure?

I had an arthroscopy on my knee in June 2008 where the back of the knee-cap has been all smoothed over. But it is still causing me discomfort and popping out, as well as being swollen.
I have had continious physio since the procedure, should of only been 6weeks treatment, and have also gained a secondary injury to my hamstring!

My physio is referring me back to the surgeon (seeing him next week) but he feels sure that I will have to undergo a lateral release. I'm not happy about the idea of another operation especially as the last one has not helped my knee.

So would like to know if anyone has had this procedure and what were the effects/outcome.

Thanks in advance! x

Life isn't about the breaths you take,
Its about the moments that take your breath away.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used to have one daily during my teenage years.

Good luck with it Ellie Wink

I'm a qualified coach.
MrB
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a good op for me and has helped my knee cap track straight for the first time in 32 years. My knee was so lateral my vastus medialis all but dissapeared and I now have two femoral grooves...but now my kneecap can track in the original groove I have started to develop a medialis. There was a period of about 18 months where if I wasn't careful the kneecap would go back to the lateral position and with the new tighter/working medialis it was a bas tard to get back in, but touch wood that hasn't happened now for about 6 months. Its a simple op and can be very effective, your lucky you have a smooth kneecap mine is like a washboard, grating oppositely on a washboard femoral condyle...sounds like you haven't got much to loose by giving it a go.
Good luck, if you want to chat about it PM me
www.sub7bikes.co.uk
Cat 4 Groupie
Cat 4 Groupie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe worth bearing in mind is a good physio, I saw alot, and had an operation that didnt really help.
The best physio I saw is a guy called Gavin Cummings at North Hykenham sports and physiotherapy clinic near Lincoln.
Msg me if you want his contact details

Good luck
vitus
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your messages,PM's & contacts. My consultant decided what I'm getting is normal and all he could offer would be another arthroscopy. Which I've decided against, but will decide in a few months whether to look into another procedure if the knee is still playing up!

Life isn't about the breaths you take,
Its about the moments that take your breath away.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Health & Fitness All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: