Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Shorts

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Shorts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Health & Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davey C
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Shorts Reply with quote

Why do certain cyclists think that although it's 4 degrees, the begining of March, ice everywhere, that because they have a number on their back they should wear shorts?

Makes me cold just looking at them.

Just wanted to share.
Magnier
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because BC rules demand that all races must be completed with legs out.

Ur gona hav to man up! Wink
Davey C
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnier wrote:

No!! I will adopt Tucker's approach of leg warmers in every race until the thermometer reaches 25! Razz
mattr
World Champ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Shorts Reply with quote

Davey C wrote:
Why do certain cyclists think that although it's 4 degrees, the begining of March, ice everywhere, that because they have a number on their back they should wear shorts?

You want to try sitting in a nice warm car here in may and watching them go past......... in the snow (last years national elite series, Round one)

I only think i saw one person 'warming down' after the race, everyone else climbed into a car and (some) were crying with the pain.

Tho to be fair, the elite men (who raced afterwards) were doing the same..........
JONNO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Shorts Reply with quote

mattr wrote:
Davey C wrote:

You want to try sitting in a nice warm car here in may and watching them go past......... in the snow (last years national elite series, Round one)

I only think i saw one person 'warming down' after the race, everyone else climbed into a car and (some) were crying with the pain.

Tho to be fair, the elite men (who raced afterwards) were doing the same..........

Yeah well after four hours or more flat out, another fifteen minutes at any speed isn't that appealing. I saw a mountain top finish of the Giro in bad weather and can confirm that not one of the riders I saw 'warmed down', either jumping straight into team cars or freewheeling down to the bus, throwing their bikes against the side and crawling in. I would imagine that once your core is cold a hot shower and a massage might be more beneficial? Confused
I was being chased by a police dog last week, and made the mistake of trying to escape through a little tunnel, over a see-saw and through a hoop of fire. It finally caught me as I was weaving in and out of some sticks.
mattr
World Champ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Shorts Reply with quote

JONNO wrote:
I would imagine that once your core is cold a hot shower and a massage might be more beneficial? Confused

Try telling that to a fourth cat Wink
Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey C wrote:
Magnier wrote:

No!! I will adopt Tucker's approach of leg warmers in every race until the thermometer reaches 25! Razz

'kin 'ell, firstly it was fricking freezing - secondly rain was forecast, & if the heavens opened I'd have had the last laugh, let me tell you. Finally, my blue kneewarmers haven't arrived yet.
Davey C
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker wrote:
Davey C wrote:
Magnier wrote:

'kin 'ell, firstly it was fricking freezing - secondly rain was forecast, & if the heavens opened I'd have had the last laugh, let me tell you. Finally, my blue kneewarmers haven't arrived yet.

I would ususally be on your side in these situations, I'm usually the last to lose the knee/leg warmers these days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Health & Fitness All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: