Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Tingly Fingers

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Tingly Fingers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Health & Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
puffingbilly
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Tingly Fingers Reply with quote

Why do I get a tingly feeling in my fingers during big efforts like sprinting up hills? In a big bunch sprint last night the sensation was even greater although I was not a maximum (boxed in a bit) and did not feel overly tired after.

Used to get this during spinning which seemed to be circulation as a change in hand position or wiggling fingers cured it.

Is this just gripping the bars too tight?
Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a precursor to a heart attack.
Hope this helps
KJ
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hyperventilating can cause tingly fingers
Dogma Dave
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJ wrote:
Hyperventilating can cause tingly fingers

Indeed. As can inserting a screwdriver into a live socket.
Cheshire Cat
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Tingly Fingers Reply with quote

puffingbilly wrote:
Why do I get a tingly feeling in my fingers during big efforts like sprinting up hills? In a big bunch sprint last night the sensation was even greater although I was not a maximum (boxed in a bit) and did not feel overly tired after.

Used to get this during spinning which seemed to be circulation as a change in hand position or wiggling fingers cured it.

Angina
Ninaprettyballerina
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Tingly Fingers Reply with quote

puffingbilly wrote:

Hi

Are you gripping the bars very tightly when it usually happens and do you get it off the bike too?

It could be Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, it isn't angina if that is the only symptom.

Emma.
Cheshire Cat
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Tingly Fingers Reply with quote

Ninaprettyballerina wrote:
puffingbilly wrote:

Hi

Are you gripping the bars very tightly when it usually happens and do you get it off the bike too?

It could be Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, it isn't angina if that is the only symptom.

Emma.

It still, could be Angina, because it was for me, yes I would have had High Blood Presure as well, but I did not know that until I went to the Doctors.
KJ
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best advice would be to see your GP and get it checked out.
puffingbilly
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only on the bike and blood pressure is OK and only gripping the bars enough to keep hold of them but do tend to use arms to help help with the effort. Only trouble with GPs is that not many understand high intensity sports and generally say rest!.
puffingbilly
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having searched for Carpa Tunnel and decided it was not that i think it is Raynaud's Phenomenon as I have the tri colour finger sympton. This is a circulation problem in the fingers which i guess must be related. Will try long fingered mitts to see if that helps. Guess even in the summer wind chill can cool your digits.

At least that means (touch wood) I am not about to have heart failure!
Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I am right, can I have your wheels please?
Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second thoughts, you've got Swine Fever?
Dogma Dave
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Tingly Fingers Reply with quote

Cheshire Cat wrote:
puffingbilly wrote:

Angina

My last secretary had a cute angina.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Health & Fitness All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: