Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Quadracep tendonitis

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Quadracep tendonitis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Health & Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kc
Cat 4 Groupie
Cat 4 Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Quadracep tendonitis Reply with quote

Sad Any one suggest a way of getting rid of quadracep tendonitis, i have been to a physio but can't seem to shake the problem off, had it for the last 4 months perhaps done to much to soon. The pain is around the top of the knees. Is rest the only cure.
Roy Gardiner
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sports massage

osteopath

get position on the bike checked.

"Everything in war is simple, but the simplest thing is difficult." Carl Von Clausewitz
JimmyRay
E, Silver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the above... make a choice between osteopath of chiropractor, the way they approach things differ and personally I prefer a chiro, but my mate the osteopath. We have tried both, but its what works for you.

You could also try acupuncture which is an odd thing to have done, but I think there may just be something in it.

The key thing with all sports injury is to understand why it is happened... did you over reach, did you injure yourself, have you changed anything, has your bike or you sustained a large impact?

I have had tendonitis a few times, and when its just pushing too hard, it has normally cleared up pretty quick... for it not to do so suggests that there is something causing it.

However, egually I did my syllaus once, ignored tendonitis and tore the muscle. Took 4 months to give in to the injury, and then once I was resting it to the level it needed (that was sooooo frustrating) it was 8 weeks to recover.

Another time, tendonitis in achilles, I suffered for 2 months.. one visit to a physio who looks at the cause only, a change of shoes, and I was on the bike in a week.
kc
Cat 4 Groupie
Cat 4 Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear i am not the only one who has suffered. It started in January, we had a few days of snow and ice and i got on the turbo doing intervals, only on for an hour. Done a week on turbo and had a niggling pain in top outside of knee, then instaead of resting rode 40 mile on my off road bike and then followed that up with a 85 miler. Day later i was limping around. Went to a physio and had 5 weeks off the bike, icing my knee and doing stretching.

Had my bike fitted at a reputable cycle shop, and started building up the miles again, perhaps done a little to much to soon as i was trying to get race fit. So the problem as lingered on, raced last few crits but then have to have a couple of days off even sore when im driving to work.

Now looks like a couple of weeks off bike and then every other day riding in small ring for a while and not to far or to hard.
Globalti
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried rubbing in Ibuprofen gel a couple of times a day?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Health & Fitness All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: