Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Race TEAM TACTICS question

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Race TEAM TACTICS question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Road & General Cycling)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What to do
f**k im
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
Wait
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
sacrifice wheel
77%
 77%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 36

Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob of the Og wrote:
Rich Hill wrote:
Rob of the Og wrote:
I'll say it again: INSPIRATIONAL

Waste of tuckers talent. We disagree- big deal.

(I think I just coined a phrase...)

No, the waste of his talent was walking round the prologue plus the bad luck he had on Saturday afternoon. Without that stuff and if Davey hadn't been probably the best sprinter in the race then I'd agree.

Hey - i was blowing quite hard at the end of that prologue - it took at least 10 seconds before i was breathing normally.
Rich Hill
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker wrote:
Hey - i was blowing quite hard at the end of that prologue - it took at least 10 seconds before i was breathing normally.

I was on my back on the grass verge begging for more oxygen!!!
Rich Hill
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Des wrote:
It was the Tour of Dorset, one stage with a bump they go over 6 or 7 times, rest of the race is pretty flat. Rolling Eyes

Des - I think you should give the 'bump' a little more respect. One rider told me we were going up it 3 minutes faster than the previous year...
Pantani
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your teammate who is still up there is obviously going better than you. Ride on let him get a wheel from service and catch you. Nail yourself to get him back on then jib.
Des

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich Hill wrote:
Des wrote:
It was the Tour of Dorset, one stage with a bump they go over 6 or 7 times, rest of the race is pretty flat. Rolling Eyes

Des - I think you should give the 'bump' a little more respect. One rider told me we were going up it 3 minutes faster than the previous year...

I believe the previous year's headwind up there has already been mentioned. You didn't even have to ride the prologue hill Rolling Eyes
benlane
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich Hill wrote:
Des wrote:

Interesting - must be some hill if you were riding it 3 mins faster per lap.
It must have been <5 miles as Cragg Vale and Hartside are that length and cragg vale is the longest continuous climb in England.
So you were riding 40 secs to a minute per mile quicker (minimum).
Sounds unlikely to be fair.....unless the previous year there was a Spartacus character stopping everyone racing on it.
JimmyRay
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember turning up to teh HQ for teh first day of this race in 2004, seeing the route profiles and thinking sh** what am I doing here.

Completing the prologue, I was even more curious as to the benefits of what was clearly going to be a climber sh**-fest.

Then the first road stage. The main hill was completed at nearly 27mph first time through.... suddenly it all made sense.

The climb on the 'queen' stage is not too long, or really overly steep, but has a drag going into it, and a drag once you have passed the finish. If you count all three sections as one, then it could add up to a lengthy 'hill'.

Ah... the dorset tour, such fond memories.
Des

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimmyRay wrote:
I remember turning up to teh HQ for teh first day of this race in 2004, seeing the route profiles and thinking sh** what am I doing here.

Completing the prologue, I was even more curious as to the benefits of what was clearly going to be a climber sh**-fest.

Then the first road stage. The main hill was completed at nearly 27mph first time through.... suddenly it all made sense.

The climb on the 'queen' stage is not too long, or really overly steep, but has a drag going into it, and a drag once you have passed the finish. If you count all three sections as one, then it could add up to a lengthy 'hill'.

Ah... the dorset tour, such fond memories.

Yes I finished that year @ 7-20 down on the final stage after puncturing half way round. Almost at the same spot as Tucker and I crashed out last year. I did lead th ebunch home on the "queen "stage though.
Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Des wrote:
Rich Hill wrote:
Des wrote:

I believe the previous year's headwind up there has already been mentioned. You didn't even have to ride the prologue hill Rolling Eyes

It's like speaking to a brick wall, isn't it?

HILL - LAST YEAR THERE WAS A BLOCK HEADWIND, THIS YEAR THERE WASN'T
tis
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Des wrote:
Rich Hill wrote:
Des wrote:

Some of us weren't sure where the finish was and rode to the top of the hill anyway Embarassed
Ventoux
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I thought 15th was the best i could do it would be 100% effort for my team mate - If I'm the lone rider from my club and 15th is the best prospect i'm usually at home drinking Rosé before the race has ended.

C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Road & General Cycling) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: