Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Losing weight

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Losing weight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Health & Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roy Gardiner
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Losing weight Reply with quote

http://tinyurl.com/2epttxx

"the most effective way of maintaining weight loss is to eat a high protein/low glycaemic index (GI) *CENSORED*, with lots of lean meat, beans and low-fat dairy products and fewer foods high in refined starch such as white bread and white rice."

Goodness gracious, who'd have thought it?

"Everything in war is simple, but the simplest thing is difficult." Carl Von Clausewitz
DenHaag
E, Gold

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Losing weight Reply with quote

Roy Gardiner wrote:

"the most effective way of maintaining weight loss is to eat a high protein/low glycaemic index (GI) *CENSORED*, with lots of lean meat, beans and low-fat dairy products and fewer foods high in refined starch such as white bread and white rice."

and most importantly: stay off the pies.
moles
Cat 4 Groupie
Cat 4 Groupie

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And whats with sports? I go everyday running with my for knowing the time and the kilometres
martin smith
World Champ

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Losing weight Reply with quote

Roy Gardiner wrote:

looking at *CENSORED* only. I suspect the actual most effective way to control your weight is to move about a lot.
mattr
World Champ

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might I suggest the Legro Diet Plan to any of the more rotund individuals who haven't yet tried it.

A mere 4 weeks after Legro telling me i was a huge fat bästård who should stop troughing at every opportunity, i've managed to shift a stone.......
Steve P
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattr wrote:
Might I suggest the Legro Diet Plan to any of the more rotund individuals who haven't yet tried it.

A mere 4 weeks after Legro telling me i was a huge fat bästård who should stop troughing at every opportunity, i've managed to shift a stone.......

I had that plan as well Wink
johnpsanderson
Cat 3 Groupie
Cat 3 Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I've been really telling myself that lately - but it isn't as bad as someone else telling you. What was your starting weight - and how much effect has it had on your cycling?
mattr
World Champ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

88.something kilos to 82, (when i posted that) lost another couple since then, but only wieghing myself occasionally so not sure where i am now.

And yes, of course its making a difference Very Happy

And i think it's the delivery of the message, rather than the message that makes the biggest difference. I'd been telling myself to stop troughing for 10 years, with virtually no effect.
Roy Gardiner
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattr wrote:

mattr wrote:
And i think it's the delivery of the message, rather than the message that makes the biggest difference. I'd been telling myself to stop troughing for 10 years, with virtually no effect.
Absolutely. If Legro said it to me in his inimitable style I'd lose quite a bit of weight in about 1sec I reckon.

"Everything in war is simple, but the simplest thing is difficult." Carl Von Clausewitz
mattr
World Champ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing No, i've been called a fat get by people much scarier than legro.....
JONNO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattr wrote:

Good work Matt. He wasn't even that polite when he saw me tbh. Shocked Shocked
I was being chased by a police dog last week, and made the mistake of trying to escape through a little tunnel, over a see-saw and through a hoop of fire. It finally caught me as I was weaving in and out of some sticks.
mattr
World Champ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JONNO wrote:
mattr wrote:

Good work Matt. He wasn't even that polite when he saw me tbh. Shocked Shocked
Its censored quite heavily, this is a family forum, allegedly.

Only another 2 stone to go (f**k).
Mal Firth
E, Gold

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattr wrote:
Only another 2 stone to go (f**k).

Have another word with Legro, that should help. Cool

http://justramblingon.co.uk
http://wrinklyrambler.wordpress.com/
http://www.redbubble.com/people/malfirth/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Health & Fitness All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: