Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - tommy V

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

tommy V
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Le Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob J
E, Silver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nedsoldman wrote:
It rather depends what you put into that 5 hours though doesn't it!

Cafe stops not included Wink
Stuart

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do 40 hours a week
Gains
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuart wrote:
I do 40 hours a week

I do 40 hours a day.
nedsoldman
E, Silver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob J wrote:
nedsoldman wrote:
It rather depends what you put into that 5 hours though doesn't it!

Cafe stops not included Wink

As long as you have no more than 2 slices of bread pudding, cafe stops are allowed
Billy Boy
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob J wrote:
DenHaag wrote:
Chrissylaa wrote:
Bob J wrote:
Billy Boy wrote:
nedsoldman wrote:
So, reading between the lines, the race is boring, none of the favourites are performing well, but Voekler is doing beter than expected therefore there must be some less than legit reason? Either he is charging, or the others aren't?
Christ, its no wonder all I ever hear from non cyclists is *CENSORED* accusations when there is this level of cynicism amongst the fans!!

Cynicism, or realism?

I read an article on Voekler in the Ouest France earlier this year, they asked TV if he had changed his training methods at all this year, he replied that he had upped his weekly hours on the bike from 25 to 30-35!! that might have something to do with his current 'form' Wink

Shocked

I would have thought that would be about right for the average pro.

It's only av of 5hrs a day after all Wink

If most french pro's are to be believed, anywhere between 24-30 hrs seems to be the most popular quoted figures....I managed 18 hrs a few times this year, I mean I like riding the bike, but the thought of doing twice that amount is a bit hard to imagine....

But that's why they are what they are Cool

Sounds like he's following the renowned Clamp coaching manual.

"Eating is not for wimps" - coal miner

"most of us don't have your brilliance." - John McC
Bob J
E, Silver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Boy wrote:
Bob J wrote:
DenHaag wrote:
Chrissylaa wrote:
Bob J wrote:
Billy Boy wrote:
nedsoldman wrote:
So, reading between the lines, the race is boring, none of the favourites are performing well, but Voekler is doing beter than expected therefore there must be some less than legit reason? Either he is charging, or the others aren't?
Christ, its no wonder all I ever hear from non cyclists is *CENSORED* accusations when there is this level of cynicism amongst the fans!!

Cynicism, or realism?

I read an article on Voekler in the Ouest France earlier this year, they asked TV if he had changed his training methods at all this year, he replied that he had upped his weekly hours on the bike from 25 to 30-35!! that might have something to do with his current 'form' Wink

Shocked

I would have thought that would be about right for the average pro.

It's only av of 5hrs a day after all Wink

If most french pro's are to be believed, anywhere between 24-30 hrs seems to be the most popular quoted figures....I managed 18 hrs a few times this year, I mean I like riding the bike, but the thought of doing twice that amount is a bit hard to imagine....

But that's why they are what they are Cool

Sounds like he's following the renowned Clamp coaching manual.

yep, rumoured to be going for the BBAR next year
hed
World Champ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

presumably, as tommy has said time and time again that he'll not win the tour, he wouldn't have a problem with others attacking him should he have a mechanical or a crash then as is the norm?
SteveO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if, as Sammy Sanchez has openly admitted, that he will assist his countryman Contador, (Maybe he can recommend a good butcher), the French teams will rally around Voeckler to preserve the pride of France? Because, lets face it, there's not going to be another chance for the French to win the tour in the forseeable future.
hed
World Champ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveO wrote:
I wonder if, as Sammy Sanchez has openly admitted, that he will assist his countryman Contador, (Maybe he can recommend a good butcher), the French teams will rally around Voeckler to preserve the pride of France? Because, lets face it, there's not going to be another chance for the French to win the tour in the forseeable future.

according to norman stanley flecha, everyone in the peleton hates Voeckler and thinks he's a gobshyte.
SteveO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he wins the Tour, I would imagine that at the very least, the whole of France may forgive the gobshyte.

They worshipped Virenque, FFS.
nedsoldman
E, Silver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Norman Stanley Flecha, Voekler attacked when Flecha was down. That isn't true, who knows whether his other statement is?
hed
World Champ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nedsoldman wrote:
According to Norman Stanley Flecha, Voekler attacked when Flecha was down. That isn't true, who knows whether his other statement is?

hence me using the precursor 'according to..', just like you. who knows who gets i with who in the peleton.
Joursans
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love the 21st century explanation of his drastic improvement in performance. No experiementing with cadence, careful weight loss regime or marginal gains etc a la "Science of Lance Armstrong*" documentary. Nope, he just rode his bike a bit more. Smile

*Can'twait to see the Direccteur's Cut of this little classic come out if LA ends up picking up Bubba's soap in the showers of some penitentionary in Screw Your Dog, Arkansas.
Witherwind
E, Bronze

Location: Fixing a puncture on the Bristol ring road cycle path, probably....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Joursans"]Gotta love the 21st century explanation of his drastic improvement in performance. No experiementing with cadence, careful weight loss regime or marginal gains etc a la "Science of Lance Armstrong*" documentary. Nope, he just rode his bike a bit more. Smile

To paraphrase Michael Hutchinson: "Riding my bike more made me faster. A lot faster....."

Seems he's not the only one then....

Heated arguments are just an exchange of ignorance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Le Tour All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: