Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - ok, i'm off the kebabs and donuts

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

ok, i'm off the kebabs and donuts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Health & Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daddy2coull
Cat 4 Groupie
Cat 4 Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: ok, i'm off the kebabs and donuts Reply with quote

in an effort to stop from killing myself with over eating and lack of exercise i've joined the cycle to work scheme.

i'm 37yo 5'8" and weigh 14.5 stone. i'm in much worse shape than i thought, i've plotted a 5.05 mile circuit from my home, i've been doing it a week now and my time has dropped from 35mins (stop laughing) to 23 minutes after just one week. a small goal, but i\m quite pleased so far.

my question is, now that it's becoming a little easier on my body, should i be concentrating on chipping away at the times or increasing the distance but maintaing the same pace to achieve a better lever of fitness and weight loss.

i've cut down on all junk food and eating more sensibly.

oh yea, this is my first post. so hello to everyone

D2C
special guest star
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

I would say increase distance - stay out longer eat less Smile but make sure you eat something reasonable when you get in so you don't get an attack of the munchies later

Increase stamina - speed comes later - although there will be someone along in a minute to say exactly the opposite!
daddy2coull
Cat 4 Groupie
Cat 4 Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for the reply sgs, i've plotted an extended route that is now 8.4 miles. i'll give this a go for my second week starting tomorrow morning
ali_clay
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good on you for getting a bike.

Make sure your new plan is sustainable, that is your training compliments or supports your lifestyle rather than hinders it else it'll draw to an end.

The biggest mistake commuters do is to smash it every time they're on the bike. Keep the pace consistant and managable and slowly extend the distance.

Next join a club and do some weekend riding in the country.
First came Monday - rest day, then Tuesday - training, then Wednesday - recovery ride, then Thursday - training race, then Friday - track or recovery ride, Saturday - mystery tour with cafe stop, Sunday - is meant for racing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Health & Fitness All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: