Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Elliot should be going to Athens

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Elliot should be going to Athens
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

MAL 4 Olympics?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 32 ]
No, he's past it!!!
50%
 50%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 64

TonyJones
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did Winn get done for?
bonger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyJones wrote:
What did Winn get done for?
Epherdrine but he was cleared i believe.

The GB boys are sure to be racing people on stuff, so if they may as well take it too and give the others a run for their money.
Des

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig, ever heard of the expression "2 wrongs do not make a right" Rolling Eyes
bonger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Des wrote:
Yeah but they started it.
Des

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
NikB
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonger wrote:
Des wrote:
Yeah but they started it.

I'm sure the French started it - and look at their double standards now, with Police raids and *CENSORED* testing.

Coincidence or what that they only started doing this when they stopped winning races? Shocked
dockeca
Div 2 Pro

Location: halfway up the South Downs - or halfway down the South Ups!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Elliott psoitive was for nandrolone. It was a constituent of a wetting agent called "Nandrolona" available in Spain. Bit of a clue in the name. Amount minimal as stated, but if it shows it gets reported by the lab.

So far as the Times is concerned, was the article by David Walsh? If it ws don't be surprised. This "journalist" is of the KB school, looks for the dark side of everything, and (at present) has a real downer on cycling, which he maybe sees as a soft target, and which doubtless helps his career. He got a sports journalist award just recently!
The UCI's vacillating don't help, but this bloke is a complete ********, not letting facts get in the way of a certain he may wish to take.
Wonder what his reaction would be to another top footballer getting a positive made public??

"Any views expressed are entirely my own and not representative of any organisation of which I may or may not be a member. Unless I say otherwise."
"A Libertarian Crackpot" H.Peel
Disco Inferno
E, Gold

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But does Elliott want to go Question It is only worth sending if he really wants to go and his heart is in it.
sloathe
E, Gold

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dockeca wrote:
The Elliott psoitive was for nandrolone. It was a constituent of a wetting agent called "Nandrolona" available in Spain. Bit of a clue in the name. Amount minimal as stated, but if it shows it gets reported by the lab.

So far as the Times is concerned, was the article by David Walsh? If it ws don't be surprised. This "journalist" is of the KB school, looks for the dark side of everything, and (at present) has a real downer on cycling, which he maybe sees as a soft target, and which doubtless helps his career. He got a sports journalist award just recently!
The UCI's vacillating don't help, but this bloke is a complete ********, not letting facts get in the way of a certain he may wish to take.
Wonder what his reaction would be to another top footballer getting a positive made public??

Both instances are so long ago now but I didn't seem to remember Nandrolone cropping up at the time. As far as Walsh is concerned. Roy would disagree with you and me.
Personally I think his public verbal autopsy of Pantani so soon after his death was disgraceful as were a lot of comments on here at the time.
Iffacus
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Des wrote:

But 3 lefts do
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: