Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - what do you take?

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

what do you take?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

what do you take out on your long rides?
energy bars
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
energy gel
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
carbo drink
57%
 57%  [ 24 ]
anything else (please state in reply)
30%
 30%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 42

Andrew Jackson
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my winter evening training loops takes me past 38 chippies and other fast food outlets. Last week was the nearest I came to stopping and having a bag of chips. The smell is mmmmmmmm.......... I'm going now
legro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not the same as sheep on heat though is it Martin?

Fear leads to anger....Anger leads to Stress......Stress leads to Doobies...and Doobies leads to Twinkies

The spirit of Brian must live on
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
qcscmh
World Champ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing wrong with Chips on run - i had them last week Rolling Eyes

Cycling Bargains Dealfinder @ https://cycling-bargains.co.uk?utm_source=VeloridersSignature
Twitter @ https://twitter.com/BargainsCycling
Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/cyclebargains
Andrew Jackson
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mutton and Chips, with plenty of gravy
Mossy
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whippet wrote:
are these energy bars really that good? are they worth at least £1 each when b = £1/kg?

don't you mean b=£1*Kg

I take bannanas and money for cafe stop
rghit pclae.
metroid
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

couple of bananas or bagels if i have any round..

and always a couple of quid (yes, that's all) which picks up a french stick or a bag of several small ones, and sometimes chocolate or a lump of cake, and if i'm feeling extra wasted i'll buy a coke.

that sorts me out for anything up to 100miles, and i'll take a bottle of PSP22 (the energy one?) and a bag of emergency sweets if i'm planning on going over that distance.
Scott C
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PNuT wrote:
scott.... dont forget theres a few lardies & may be using training as a form ov weight loss

Yes im sure they are.

BUt for example.
I did 3 hours hill training this morning. If i didnt eat anything I would still have finished the ride well and burnt off alot of fat. This is not being debated. You will burn off fat doing this. You then get home and eat your pasta which has little to no fat...BUT as you have starved your body through your training when you feed it no matter what you eat and how the the fat% is everything will be stored as fat as your body is thinking ,well iv done all of this and not been fueld so when will my next meal come .Then its stores everything as fat that is eaten to compensate and prepare for another long period without food. Hence why not eating breakfast makes you put on wate due to your next meal being stored as fat.

So......to conclude Pnut alot of people are doing alot of silly things. *CENSORED* fads dont work. Sticking to your training and eating all in moderation does.
Billy Boy
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eat lots train lots. Simple. Pies are what you want.

"Eating is not for wimps" - coal miner

"most of us don't have your brilliance." - John McC
Billy Boy
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bcf.uk.com/coaching/Features/2004/cf0102_nutrition.shtml

"Eating is not for wimps" - coal miner

"most of us don't have your brilliance." - John McC
joxster
World Champ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Boy wrote:
Eat lots train lots. Simple. Pies are what you want.

Get yourself to New Zealand, where they have a pie fast food chain called Georgie Pies. Very Happy

Quote:
KIWI PIES

I had occasion to drive north to Auckland last week (not by choice, you understand - urgent family business). Unfortunately, the day was spoilt for me before I even got there.

At the top of the Bombay Hills there is a natural dividing line between the seething lust and greed of the City of Sales and the high principles and natural beauty of the provinces. That line used to be called "Collision Crossroads", and was the site of many a mishap.

Last week it was the scene of another disaster, but this was no accident. The landmark Georgie Pie restaurant was being closed. On purpose!

I was devastated. I can't remember the last time I felt so upset, unless it was when the price of pies went up from sevenpence to eightpence.

Meat pies are one of this country's finest traditions, the original Kiwi fast food. As kids we learned quickly where to get the cheapest and best. Every little home cookery used to make them.

Mind you, they sometimes didn't cook or handle them too well and we got more than we bargained for. But at least we got a good run for our money, and that helped build up our immunity.

Today's children don't have quite the same prospect. Hygiene has improved, but in the process dreadful things have been done to some pies. Go to a service station and you're likely to see the sorriest of sights enclosed in cellophane with thick, soggy pastry and uneven temperature from being pre-heated in a microwave.

To its great credit Georgie Pie avoided all that. The Kiwi response to overseas fast food chains has made the best of mass production.

As a connoisseur of meat pies with over forty years experience I can say without fear of contradiction that on a scale of 1 to 10 Georgie Pies have been a consistent "9". Firm crust, tasty filling - you couldn't ask for more (unless perhaps it was flaky pastry).

And modest prices - possibly the only place you could feed a family for $10, and maybe that was its downfall.

Alas, the favourite stop that made the journey north of the Bombays almost bearable is no more. But there's worse to come! I hate to tell you this but in its place there will soon be a hamburger bar.

And the real tragedy is it wont be one where they make burgers properly - you know, the Kiwi way with onion rings, coleslaw, a big slice of beetroot that drips purple juice on your shorts. And, of course, with a toasted bun.

No, it will be one of those foreign outfits where they use warmed-over, limp and wimpy buns, and pickle. Yech!

If this is progress then the price is way too high.

Programming is like 5ex, one mistake and you have to support it for life.
Whippet
E, Gold

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossy wrote:
Whippet wrote:
are these energy bars really that good? are they worth at least £1 each when b = £1/kg?

don't you mean b=£1*Kg

I take bannanas and money for cafe stop
you're not wrong Embarassed
Matteo
E, Gold

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a scout around on t'internet I'm sure you'll find a recipe to make your own. Wink
Jimmythecuckoo
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its always a banana for me. eau natrale!!

Hello btw!

http://road.cc/blogs/jimmythecuckoo Everyone has a blog nowadays.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: