Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - new shoes for 2005

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

new shoes for 2005
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

which shoes do yuo most want for next year
carnac silver ones
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
nike poggio 3
32%
 32%  [ 16 ]
DMT new colour
26%
 26%  [ 13 ]
time rxs
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
specialized
20%
 20%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 50

Matt Clinton
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JT wrote:
Matclinton wrote:
Belson wrote:
Matclinton wrote:
Why dont you not use SPD-R pedals and get some new ones (SPD-SL for example)?

cause sl are Evil or Very Mad and look and act like look pedals and were only made cos a shimano rep saw lance was using an 1980s spd pedal and decided it looked bad for the image so made sl. Then other pros wanted them so they made a few more, then decided to drop spd-rs BUT apprently there is still a factory making spd-rs as they is still a ready supply of pedals and cleats..and now the adapters.

No reason not to use SLs then!

apart from the fact they are terrible.

Rolling Eyes Question
bissell
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimmyRay wrote:
I want a nice set of metal pedals. These plastic offerings from Shimano and Look really leave me cold.

That is all i have to say about that!

I own a pair of specialized shoes, I put them on yesterday and have to admit that they are truly comfortable and great on the knees. Alas, as I have alreayd stated on this thread I am unable to get the right cleat position in them. Something to do with the cleat drillings not being in the right place for me. Utterly gutting shame as well, as they really are great on the old knees!

Going back to what Bongor said, I was wondering what I would be better off doing.

I can either buy something like a pair of Nike shoes with a flat sole and then get those foot bed things done by cyclefit and continue from there.

Or I can buy a set of the new carnacs and either not have hot beds or get hotbeds as well wit those.

or I can experiment with other pedals until I find a set that works with teh specialized.

What would YOU do?

Or.....

A set of Diadoras, SPD-r pedals, and foot bed/orthotics?!

there are things that change the angle etc of your cleats a sort of orthotic thing
bonger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An orthotic does a different job to a varas or valgas forefoot correction wedge. Go for the shoes you like most for whatever reasons, weight, coloure, stiffness etc and then get some orthotics if you need them.
Coggy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an excellent pair of Patricks, raced a season, then did several years as my winter shoes.
Oz
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got the black 05 poggios and very impressed. Rode poggio 2's all season which were the best shoe id ever ridden, the 05's are even better!
Much better fit, and the straps can be done up much tighter - had run out of adjustment in my old ones!
Stormer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wore my new DMT Ultimax RSX Carbon shoes today for the first time. 6 Hours of absolute comfort! You don't know you have them on until you need them (hill/sprint) then the power transfer from their stiffness comes into play. Highly recommended.
Andrew Jackson
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormer wrote:
Wore my new DMT Ultimax RSX Carbon shoes today for the first time. 6 Hours of absolute comfort! You don't know you have them on until you need them (hill/sprint) then the power transfer from their stiffness comes into play. Highly recommended.

Hey Storner, snap. Sorted the racing machine out today, fitted my new speedplays and my new DMT Ultimax RSX Carbons. Just wanted to keep sprinting, the stiffness, the power, the speed.

Speedplays a little funny to get used to but after a fews minutes no problems, 2005 here I come.
mattr
World Champ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordered some Time Carbon shoes (the new ones) - just hope they are as good as the equipes i had before.......
and by the way ALL SPD's and Looks are evil!

Time is the way to go!
Incomplete Pete
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've discovered the ultimate setup for comfort, Nike "Lance" Shoes (Horrible name, great shoe!), DA SPD-SL pedals and the Fizik Arione saddle Very Happy
Stormer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incomplete Pete wrote:
I think I've discovered the ultimate setup for comfort, Nike "Lance" Shoes (Horrible name, great shoe!), DA SPD-SL pedals and the Fizik Arione saddle Very Happy

Binned mine after 5 longish rides, opted for the far better (for me) Fizik Aliante. There is no ultimate setup across the board...just what works best for each of us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: