Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Road Racing (on closed circuits) Without Insurance?

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Road Racing (on closed circuits) Without Insurance?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you race closed circuits with no BC insurance for no BC points just prize money?
Yes and I'd sign a disclaimer or similar legal document waiving my right to sue!
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
No Way - insurance is our safeguard
57%
 57%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 19

Gary K
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Road Racing (on closed circuits) Without Insurance? Reply with quote

Would you do it?

No BC Points

No S-L points

Just prize money from the very low entry fees

Would you sign a disclaimer not to sue in the event of an accident or incident? Would this be legal? (Any lawyers out there?)

Opinions please.
dockeca
Div 2 Pro

Location: halfway up the South Downs - or halfway down the South Ups!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple answer - you cannot sign away your legal rights, whatever disclaimer is in place it does not stop anyone starting proceedings. Sorry Gary but it's a basic right to take action against any person/body who you consider to have wronged or disadvantaged or libelled or whatever.....
As they say, see you in court, and it's much more likely in this litigious age.
So, no way mate, and as an organiser your tender regions are more out in the open than anyone.
All that being said I am aware that it's been done in the past and might be done in the future, but a court may consider this reckless behavior, and houses are very expensive items to lose to the *CENSORED*!

"Any views expressed are entirely my own and not representative of any organisation of which I may or may not be a member. Unless I say otherwise."
"A Libertarian Crackpot" H.Peel
dockeca
Div 2 Pro

Location: halfway up the South Downs - or halfway down the South Ups!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just re-read the poll, whover voted yes must be very rich, very daft, have no assets (even a bike?), or has not thought it through!

"Any views expressed are entirely my own and not representative of any organisation of which I may or may not be a member. Unless I say otherwise."
"A Libertarian Crackpot" H.Peel
Des

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad
AndyWalsh
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disclaimers won't stop a member of the public making a claim against any rider that injures them, the organiser of the event, or the club involved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: