Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Home Nations Rider of the Games?

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Home Nations Rider of the Games?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best Performing Home Nations Cyclist?
Ross Edgar
13%
 13%  [ 12 ]
Victoria Pendleton
13%
 13%  [ 12 ]
Paul Manning
7%
 7%  [ 7 ]
Steve Cummings
27%
 27%  [ 25 ]
Emma Davies Jones
7%
 7%  [ 7 ]
Rob Hayles
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Mark Cavendish
7%
 7%  [ 7 ]
Chris Hoy
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Liam Killeen
17%
 17%  [ 16 ]
Jason Quealy
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 92

Gary K
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say Stuart Dangerfield for......................ummmmmm..............!!! Rolling Eyes

Okay, maybe not! Laughing
marlboro man
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary K wrote:
I'll say Stuart Dangerfield for......................ummmmmm..............!!! Rolling Eyes

Okay, maybe not! Laughing

As mentioned previously this was intended as a positive poll to praise those riders that inspired you. Surely even you were inspired by someone's ride??
"so if MM wants to suck down 16mg unfiltered tar-laden cancer-causing , he will! And by God, he'll enjoy it... not to mention chasing nubile Estonian tail whilst off his opps on cheap and savage Baltic charlie...! " Colin Sturgess
Jimmy Jazz
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a mention for James McCallum Shocked

Superb Bronze in the scratch after making the right tactical moves and dealing with the Kiwi lead out train (who didn't seem to be able deal with the heat of the situation Wink ).

He also put in excellent support work for Oliphant in the Points and all this on the back of a selection controversy which seemed to drag on back in December (I don't know the details).
LukePiewalker
E, Silver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kiwi lead out train was great... except for the Kiwi.... who was dropped off the back of it almost immediately.... Cool

Go Jamesy!!!!

I think there were too many outstanding performances to pick one rider...
Le Rolleur
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Liam Killeen's ride was pretty special, looking cooked for the first half of the race and then storming the second half to take gold.

I watched all the bike racing... each of the golds were well deserved but Killeen's performance was my favourite.
Gary K
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, having been told off for even attempting to spoil one of MM's serious threads, and not daring his wrath when I next see him at Palmer Park or similar, I nominate Rachael Heal for doing acrobatics (twice), breaking bones in a hand (apparently) and continuing to finish a fine 5th.

Anyone who packs after seeing her courageously get off her backside twice and finish as she did, should hang their heads in shame.
marlboro man
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary K wrote:
OK, having been told off for even attempting to spoil one of MM's serious threads, and not daring his wrath when I next see him at Palmer Park or similar, I nominate Rachael Heal for doing acrobatics (twice), breaking bones in a hand (apparently) and continuing to finish a fine 5th.

Anyone who packs after seeing her courageously get off her backside twice and finish as she did, should hang their heads in shame.

You must be quaking in your boots Laughing
"so if MM wants to suck down 16mg unfiltered tar-laden cancer-causing , he will! And by God, he'll enjoy it... not to mention chasing nubile Estonian tail whilst off his opps on cheap and savage Baltic charlie...! " Colin Sturgess
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: