Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Vote of Confidence

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Vote of Confidence
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you have confidence in British Cycling (aka BCF)
Yes
70%
 70%  [ 73 ]
No
29%
 29%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 104

KJ
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tory Tim wrote:
hunterbark wrote:
I think the Londoners here should be aware that everybody knows they did nothing when any other facilities north of the Watford gap were in trouble, they have not been replaced.

Elaina put a post on the London Cycle sport forum when we were trying to resurrect Saffron Lane - to quote their response "what do we care about a Midland track?"

BC's response?
one last effort
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Vote of Confidence Reply with quote

I raced at the new circuit at Shrewsbury on Saturday. Only 1km but purpose built and I m sure it will be well used. I also raced at Eastway when it first opened and again last year after a long break.

The point is that sports facilities change all the time and lets face London is going to end up with the best circuit and velodrome in the country.

I suggest in the meantime all you lot down there stop whinging and let Brian Cookson & Co get on with the job.
Zontor the Destroyer
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not whinging and it wont be the best circuit, not even as good as what we have now. It will wipe out a great cyclocross and mtb venue in the city. But i guess the decision hasnt been made yet, hog hill could get it yet????
Mossy
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS wrote:
Is this supposed to be productive Confused

You dont like it then I have 3 letters for you T L I

I dont know why Brian p*sses into the wind answering people questions on here its not like he gets paid for it.

I voted yes.

TLI fits in a certain *CENSORED*, it cannot and does not wish to replace the role of BC.

Up in Scotland commonwealth games considerations seem to be over dominating things at the moment
rghit pclae.
troy spartan
E, Gold

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich Hill wrote:
Show me a TLI or any other organisation that has produced Olympic riders like BC have.... sorry but other organisations (even CTT) just do not come close.

I thought WCPP produced the medal winning riders Wink .

Rich Hill wrote:
I don't agree with everything - I would like more focus on Road Racing because I am passionate about it - but if RR can piggy back off the success of Track then I am happy about that.

Thrillster

Yes and that's a very big but. Bigger than J Lo's Shocked . When I see some benefit from track success aid road racing I might have confidence in BC's ability to promote the branch of the sport most of it's licence holders participate in, road racing.

Life's short but hard like a bodybuilding elf.

Fun whilst it lasted.

www.whiteknightrc.com
ldncycle
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be remembered that the users of Eastway - if they had to be asked (which ultimately where this mess stems from- they haven't been asked and then when they speak they have been ignored) do not want to see ANY circuits in the UK lost.
So lets not let this descend into - I lost mine so s*rew you lot I hope you lose yours, or you just should be grateful......
The fact of the matter is that we have worked very hard indeed to be in the position to actually have Hog Hill as an option. It has been an uphill battle where unfortunately we have been battling against our governing body who are working in tandem with the developers.
This is again - unfortunately - where Brian copps a lot of the flak. He is very brave coming on to a forum and batting BC's corner, the problem is that he is actually representing BC in an official capacity. In an ideal world we would love Brian to come to see things for himself instead of relying on certain individuals in BC to pass info on to him.
Saturday would be a perfect time, then he could actually see for himself how hard others have worked on the relocation, perhaps then he could actually ask his BC employees the important questions that need asking and make them accountable.
There is a real problem here that could have incredible repurcussions for cycling in London.
one last effort
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Vote of Confidence Reply with quote

Zontor, you miss the point. You will end up with the best cycling facilities after the Olympic development.

Until then you will probably have to use what is available like the rest of us. After Eastway was opened I never heard any of the Eastway users campaigning for similar treatment for say, Birmingham.

And on the subject of the Midlands who have lost quite a few tracks in recent years what about a velodrome in or around Birmingham where it can be easily accessed by many more clubs?

There is an underused track in Newport, one to be built in Jockland when in the heart of the country there isn t an indoor velodrome.
Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ldncycle wrote:
So lets not let this descend into - I lost mine so s*rew you lot I hope you lose yours, or you just should be grateful......

Its funny that the Eastway mob expect help or support on their project when we got zero on ours on the basis of 'it's not a London facility, we don't really care'.

I'm a qualified coach.
ldncycle
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see my point above.
Regarding Eastway post the Olympics. Sure, we'll have a velodrome, but the LDA has been particularly slippery regarding legacy, I'd be very suprised if we do get a cycle track back. The rationale must be that we try get the best possible replacement in the interim, if the legacy does not pan out then at least we have an adequate long term replacement that ticks ALL the right boxes.
Hog Hill does that, Rammey Marsh doesn't.
At the end of the day there are groups at Eastway - LVYCC and Economic Energy - who work incredibly hard to develop cycling amongst youth riders. Their work will be for nothing if it goes to Rammey Marsh and all they are asking for is fellow cyclists support not bitter sniping.
Personally I wouldn't want my kids doing an intense aerobic sport right next to one of the busiest motorways in the UK (if not Europe) where there are recorded levels of pollution above government guidelines. In fact I would say that BC could put themselves in a legally precarious position by actively endorsing Rammey Marsh.
bonger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No national MTB champions use eastway, not only that if you are the best at an olympic sport like MTB then the BCF will take care of your funding and training. Anyway, there are no mountains in London.
Des

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the West of London it took years of campaigning and hard work by all those involved to get Hillingdon as a replacement of sorts for the track at Paddington, and to keep developing it.

Hearn Hill only escaped with a last minute reprive.

Harlow disapeared .

London has suffered from loss of facilities like the rest of the country, hence maybe the passion behind the EUG.
Dan Souf
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Des wrote:
To the West of London it took years of campaigning and hard work by all those involved to get Hillingdon as a replacement of sorts for the track at Paddington, and to keep developing it.

Hearn Hill only escaped with a last minute reprive.

Harlow disapeared .

London has suffered from loss of facilities like the rest of the country, hence maybe the passion behind the EUG.

notably cyclo-cross venues,
Zontor the Destroyer
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tory Tim wrote:
ldncycle wrote:

Its funny that the Eastway mob expect help or support on their project when we got zero on ours on the basis of 'it's not a London facility, we don't really care'.

You didnt quiet understand the first quote did ya!
Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zontor the Destroyer wrote:
Tory Tim wrote:
ldncycle wrote:

You didnt quiet understand the first quote did ya!

quite

I'm a qualified coach.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: