Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Brits in TDF

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Brits in TDF
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we be proud of our boys?
Yes
76%
 76%  [ 39 ]
No
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Don't care
21%
 21%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 51

StuartBen
E, Silver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both riders in my opinion did themselves and our country proud.

It is sad for anyone who does not get a buzz of pride from being associated with great sportsmen through nationality as I consider they are missing a lot in sporting life. But that is their loss. The rest of us can wave our flags and cheer and hope that we are helping in some minute way. At the least we have a good time.

More seriously, I find it interesting that Millar has gone some way to prove that you do not have to ride yourself into the ground in race after race to at least get round the Tour de France in honorable fashion. So the correct training can provide the right base which many people considered would not be enough and that training plus some racing, in Armstrong style, may well be the best answer.

No, I did not say Millar is equal to Armstrong. Just that their preparation was fairly similar, albeit Millar had no other choice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: