Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - A slightly different Team Pursuit / Team Sprint Poll

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

A slightly different Team Pursuit / Team Sprint Poll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Track Cycling)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you be more or less likely to enter the TP / TS if composites were not allowed
More likely
62%
 62%  [ 27 ]
Less likely
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Don't make no difference to me matey
25%
 25%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 43

Billynobrakes
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: A slightly different Team Pursuit / Team Sprint Poll Reply with quote

As this is the other part of the arguement I thought it would be interesting to see peoples opinions.
Gary K
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted "more likely", as I think it is only right that "proper" teams are formed from clubs and set ups that promote membership and team spirit.
John McC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed I misread the question and voted the wrong way around. Add one more to more likely.
McDonalds
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: tp Reply with quote

I feel I need to raise this point again as we have lost some serious credability with one of our sponsors because of it. By openeing the TP/TS up to composite teams it is going to make bringing sponsors in to the sport at an already difficult time for cycling, nie on impossible. Especially when you make a muffled announcement halfway through the year, teams have by then set their objectives out to sponsors who dont fully understand the back room cr4p that influences our sport. Mr Tarrans statement on a previous thread that if they get 13 composite teams next year and no club teams, he would consider the rule change a success is just outragous, and is in my opinion such a short sighted and damaging view towards the future of out sport. People arent allowed to "guest" for teams in road races anymore, lets open them up too then, that way we can all start buying riders in for the national road race or premier calendars just to win in one of our jerseys and get the publicity for which ever team is the highest bidder for that riders services on that particular day.
monk
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

having gone to great efforts over many years to put in a solid team its just no worth the bother now any combo of reasonable riders can gang up and make it a non contest.

the nationals are being run now seemingly deliberately to discourage anyone but the natioanl squad from bothering. I'd like to think its just accident but am becoming more and more convinced the organisation dont actually want riders to ride. its more of a chum session so people can ingratiate themselves with the squad riders, and the rest of the sport can bog off and do something else instead.

(ben elliott vc st r)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Track Cycling) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: