Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Should BCs Board make a meeting with the users of Eastway?

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Should BCs Board make a meeting with the users of Eastway?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should BC's board come and meet with the users of Eastway?
YES BC should meet
70%
 70%  [ 17 ]
NO BC should not meet
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
DON'T KNOW (can't decide)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DON'T KNOW (haven't been following the debate/doesn't affect me)
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 24

Plurien
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Should BCs Board make a meeting with the users of Eastway? Reply with quote

You may be apoplectic by now about the volume of coverage this issue has received.
One thing is for sure, the users of Eastway do not feel their interests are best represented by BC, but BC has done nothing to communicate with them directly in order to allay their concerns over how it has been handling the issue of Eastway's loss.
It is proven over and over in situations of conflict and unresolved debate, that the only way to resolve and move on is to meet and to make terms.
EUG has tried this approach to BC for a meeting on many occasions, but it's only been at moments of greatest urgency for the developer that BC has been to meet with users at an open meeting (for the announcement of Rammey Marsh and just before the latest planning application closed).
So, the question is -
Should BC's board come and meet with the users of Eastway?
Tony Bell
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No! Please, please, haven't we heard enough already about this fekkin subject... Laughing
By the way, you didn't put an option for 'I can't be ar$ed about your fekkin circuit in London'.
mosschops

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Bell wrote:
No! Please, please, haven't we heard enough already about this fekkin subject... Laughing
By the way, you didn't put an option for 'I can't be ar$ed about your fekkin circuit in London'.
Laughing
Flikken
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Bell wrote:

Well said-they do go on about it down South,see this with 134 replies Crying or Very sad

http://www.londoncyclesport.com/forum/forummessages/mps/dt/4/UTN/570/last/1/V/6/SP/
George Gilbert
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The option I would vote for isn't there.

What I would like BC to do is whatever is in the best interests of cycling - if that's meeting with the EUG then they should meet, if that isn't meeting with the EUG then they shouldn't.

Fundamentally, I don't know enough about who the people are who are likely to be able to make a difference, for me to decide on behalf of BC.

No matter how strongly the EUG believe in themselves, or their cause, or how loudly and frequently they shout, if the EUG are just a talking shop who are unlikely to ever make any difference to what gets built then BC meeting them would take time that they could be better spending acting in the best interests of cycling.

Of course, if the EUG has channels open to the relevant people who will actually make the decision on the plans for the Eastway area, and BC do not, then BC should meet them. If this is the case though, I suspect you would be talking to those relevant people rather than wasting your time trying to talk with BC because you could be better spending *your* time acting in the best interests of cycling.
Tony Bell
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get over yourselves. You'll get a new circuit in the end, so what's the problem?
stanno
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Bell wrote:
Get over yourselves. You'll get a new circuit in the end, so what's the problem?

Because the road circuit will be nowhere near as good as the old circuit in terms of it's location (alongside a very busy dual-carriageway for almost it's entire length), and design (180ยบ hairpins, etc).

Also, the Eastway users were promised a like-for-like replacement for all their facilities. The off-road tracks occupied 24 hectares - the new site only has 2 hectares (i.e. 1/12th the size).

There will be a velodrome, but the thousands of kids who came from the east-end to use their mountain bikes, and many of the older users, including me, will never use that.

Now do you understand the issues?
Tony Bell
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southern Puf fs. You'll still have a circuit. Never mind about how steep the bends are, just get on with it. Wink
stanno
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Bell wrote:
Southern Puf fs. You'll still have a circuit. Never mind about how steep the bends are, just get on with it. Wink

I'm Scottish actually, from the granite city. I may say the same to you Wink
KJ
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the response on this board to the posts about EUG perhaps the time would be better spent lobbying those who are in a postion to institute change rather than trying to elicit sympathy from us.

Those of us still interested in the building of the Velopark can follow the developments well enough on the londoncycle sport forum and the BC website.
Lee
World Champ

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Tony said.
Des

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting comment from two the two posters who fill the board up with shite about crap bands and crap soaps Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: