Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Was Gary K doped....

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Was Gary K doped....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Was Gary K doped....
Yes, because there is no way they were going to let him win
61%
 61%  [ 24 ]
No, he was just running on Jaffa cakes and pure talent?
38%
 38%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 39

Gary K
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuart wrote:
Flap wrote:
no idea, but checking out his avatar - was Gary K that child actor (arnold) in Different Strokes ????

ooohh! that's Cameron. Gary won't be happy!!

I've asked hm what he means by that comment?

Could someone explain for me, I'm obviously missing something funny?
Flap

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the comment was simply, that the picture (i had assumed it was gary k - whoever that is!!!) simply looked with the permanent grin like "arnold from different strokes.

nothing more than a flippant comment.

If your off to australia gary k, it might be worth developing either a thicker skin & a sense of humour.
hed
World Champ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm confused again, is that you in your picture Flap? Confused Wink
Flap

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, but i've had corrective surgery on the ears & i have been known to use a shaver now and again. Very Happy
Stuart

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flap wrote:
yes, but i've had corrective surgery on the ears & i have been known to use a shaver now and again. Very Happy

Can you ride tandem?
Flap

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a personal question mate!!

found a really cool website ages ago, which has all the PG Tips chimp tv adverts online, unfortunately, i cant recall it.
Cippo
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Is Gary K on the juice? Reply with quote

Did Gary K Dope?

Although he has never tested positive in competition, and we’d all like to think that he’s clean, we really already know the answer…

We all remember the shocking news when police stopped an Agisko team car on the A323 for a random search, and found several containers of a well known protein recovery shake marked with the initials “GK”.. The unfortunate thing is that for Eelmore riders of Gary’s generation, this kind of thing is still considered the norm.

We had all hoped that with Gary’s imminent retirement (suspiciously abruptly after a sudden string of victories), that the last of this tainted generation of Eelmore riders was gone, however there are still many riders out there of the same generation, avoiding the attention of authorities by training in far-flung locations (Hampshire), and in strange kit (Grey & Burgundy).

Our only hope is that the new generation of riders coming through with good attitudes can clean up the sport, and return Eelmore to the great sporting spectacle that it once was, rather than the media circus it has become during the Gary years.

Already, some of the newer teams to the sport have shown there is a future, with progressive teams such as London Dynamo taking a hard stance on it’s riders by banning all performance enhancements (such as teamwork, shaved legs, and riding in a straight line) – this is truly the future of racing at Eelmore.

We can only reflect on the waste of talent and tainted legacy that Gary leaves behind, and ask the question:-

Did he dope of his own accord at Eelmore, or was he pressured into it by the race organizer?

Laughing
Gary K
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classic and very clever! Nice one.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Gary K
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flap wrote:
the comment was simply, that the picture (i had assumed it was gary k - whoever that is!!!) simply looked with the permanent grin like "arnold from different strokes.

If your off to australia gary k, it might be worth developing either a thicker skin & a sense of humour.

Yep, always a good idea to dish out advice to people you've never heard of or met. I bet you go down a treat in your local boozer, dishing out sagely advice left, right and chelsea! Laughing Wink

Can you also advise me on how to last 23 years in the Army without the aforementioned qualities Rolling Eyes Wink Laughing
mr celery
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary K wrote:
Flap wrote:

Yep, always a good idea to dish out advice to people you've never heard of or met. I bet you go down a treat in your local boozer, dishing out sagely advice left, right and chelsea! Laughing Wink

Can you also advise me on how to last 23 years in the Army without the aforementioned qualities Rolling Eyes Wink Laughing

Never let it be said that Gary K can't take it. Wink
Gary K
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr celery wrote:
Gary K wrote:
Flap wrote:

Never let it be said that Gary K can't take it. Wink

Ouch Laughing Laughing
SteveO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary K wrote:
Flap wrote:

Join the Navy Wink Laughing
Dave Wilkes
E, Gold

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary - I know you never liked our Saab at Team Bradgate, but I won't hold it against you - I just wish you the very best of health and happiness in this new venture.
Good on yer Wink
Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, good luck Gary.

and Flap, no parent is ever going to take kindly to taking the piss out of his/her child. Let this be a lesson to us all.
Piez
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Gary K on the juice? Reply with quote

Cippo wrote:
Did Gary K Dope?

Although he has never tested positive in competition, and we’d all like to think that he’s clean, we really already know the answer…

We all remember the shocking news when police stopped an Agisko team car on the A323 for a random search, and found several containers of a well known protein recovery shake marked with the initials “GK”.. The unfortunate thing is that for Eelmore riders of Gary’s generation, this kind of thing is still considered the norm.

We had all hoped that with Gary’s imminent retirement (suspiciously abruptly after a sudden string of victories), that the last of this tainted generation of Eelmore riders was gone, however there are still many riders out there of the same generation, avoiding the attention of authorities by training in far-flung locations (Hampshire), and in strange kit (Grey & Burgundy).

Our only hope is that the new generation of riders coming through with good attitudes can clean up the sport, and return Eelmore to the great sporting spectacle that it once was, rather than the media circus it has become during the Gary years.

Already, some of the newer teams to the sport have shown there is a future, with progressive teams such as London Dynamo taking a hard stance on it’s riders by banning all performance enhancements (such as teamwork, shaved legs, and riding in a straight line) – this is truly the future of racing at Eelmore.

We can only reflect on the waste of talent and tainted legacy that Gary leaves behind, and ask the question:-

Did he dope of his own accord at Eelmore, or was he pressured into it by the race organizer?

Laughing

Brilliant stuff!

Gary - Thanks for all your (+ Kat's) efforts with running Eelmore over the years, you'll be very much missed.
Flap

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the final time, it was a flippant comment, nothing more or in any way said, in a derogatory manner.

i assumed (incorrectly) the avatar picture, was of Gary K.

I mean't no offence, and find it comical that the amount of "slang" this has caused.

so just for the record - to Gary K, & colleagues, whom automatically assumed, I was taking a shot at someone i don't know.

No offence was ever intended - on any level.

For someone (Gary K) who clearly has encountered many hazardous events within his life, through his military career, or his bike handling, that, this stupid mis interpreted comment, has been taken out of context.

So, i humbly apologise for any offence caused.
Gary K
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flap wrote:
For the final time, it was a flippant comment, nothing more or in any way said, in a derogatory manner.

I mean't no offence, and find it comical that the amount of "slang" this has caused.

so just for the record - to Gary K, & colleagues, whom automatically assumed, I was taking a shot at someone i don't know.

No offence was ever intended - on any level.

For someone (Gary K) who clearly has encountered many hazardous events within his life, through his military career, or his bike handling, that, this stupid mis interpreted comment, has been taken out of context.

So, i humbly apologise for any offence caused.

Just leave it now, all is forgiven Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink
tommo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent had time to read through this thread yet but i take it Gary K takes d r u g s then ? F * S Confused Shocked
Sir Lord Tommo of Clay cross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dockeca
Div 2 Pro

Location: halfway up the South Downs - or halfway down the South Ups!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Gary was clean, just someone handed out biscuits with "go-slow" stuff in 'em to everyone else. Made the old boy look quite good, didn't it?
Right, I'll get me coat....see you on 20th October, GK.

"Any views expressed are entirely my own and not representative of any organisation of which I may or may not be a member. Unless I say otherwise."
"A Libertarian Crackpot" H.Peel
Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flap wrote:

Easy mistake to make - you might assume that the pic in my avatar is me, but its not - it's my mum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: