Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Tour of Flanders or Gent Wevelgem

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Tour of Flanders or Gent Wevelgem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Tour of Flanders or Gent Wevelgem
Tour of Flanders
52%
 52%  [ 9 ]
Gent Wevelgem
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
None - sofa, telly and bag of Dorito's innit?
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 17

one man army
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Tour of Flanders or Gent Wevelgem Reply with quote

I always go over to watch the Tour of Flanders and Paris - Roubaix. However, I've left my booking on Euro Tunnel too late for tommorow and will need to get a ferry instead that means getting to Dover about 6:00am and then i've got a race against the clock to get one back at a sensible time. I really like watching the RVV but in light of the ferry bit, should I forgo this race and pop over on Wednesday to watch Gent Wevelgem instead as a sort of compensation?

What do you reckon?

Graham Webb
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMA,

There's nothing to compare with the greatest one day race on Earth, RvV, and the 'Vlaamse Kermis' surrounding the event. So I don't see why you have a problem making a choice.

16 000 signed on this morning for the tourist RvV, only 2000 less than last year despite the cold and rain. They even came all the way from Japan just to ride the Koppenberg! BTW the Sun is shining at this moment.
dockeca
Div 2 Pro

Location: halfway up the South Downs - or halfway down the South Ups!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do both....!

"Any views expressed are entirely my own and not representative of any organisation of which I may or may not be a member. Unless I say otherwise."
"A Libertarian Crackpot" H.Peel
JohnS
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham Webb wrote:
OMA,
There's nothing to compare with the greatest one day race on Earth, RvV, and the 'Vlaamse Kermis' surrounding the event. So I don't see why you have a problem making a choice.
16 000 signed on this morning for the tourist RvV, only 2000 less than last year despite the cold and rain. They even came all the way from Japan just to ride the Koppenberg! BTW the Sun is shining at this moment.

Hi Graham - it was certainly cycling in the sun a couple of weeks ago down on the Cote d'Azur when I met a semi pro rider getting the miles in due to snow in Belgium. Jeroen Debrouwere was his name and he will riding the amature event. Any idea where the rusults will be. Thanks
Graham Webb
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnS,

Can't find him on this list of entries http://www.rvv.be/2008/pdf/rvv2008-deelnemers-beloften.pdf

The results will most likely come up on the same web site http://www.rvv.be/2008/nl/parcours/index.html?gclid=CJ6niKj5w5ICFQ93MAodTTVuXw click on 'beloften'.

You do realize that the 'amature' event is not on untill the Sat 12 April?
Fritz
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tour of Flanders no question.

Just dried and thawed out after riding the sportive this morning. I think it should be one of the most open races as the weather is going to be the same or likely worse tomorrow. Those cobbles and the mud from the MTBs made it look more like Paris-Roubaix.

Respect to those riding the 260k today!
one man army
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fritz wrote:

Just dried and thawed out.....the weather is going to be the same or likely worse tomorrow.

Gent Wevelgem it is then.

good effort on the sportive btw

Graham Webb
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fritz wrote:

Just dried and thawed out after riding the sportive this morning. I think it should be one of the most open races as the weather is going to be the same or likely worse tomorrow. Those cobbles and the mud from the MTBs made it look more like Paris-Roubaix.

Respect to those riding the 260k today!

Well done Fritz! By your 'respect' I imagine you meant that you didn't ride the 260 k today?

It'll be Paris-Roubaix with hills in it!
Fritz
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham Webb wrote:

Well done Fritz! By your 'respect' I imagine you meant that you didn't ride the 260 k today?

Thanks Graham. Actually, I feel embarrassed as I did sign in for the 140km but the heavens opened up shortly before the split with the 75km and I took the easy option. I feel ashamed after seeing that guy on the TV with the handbike who rode the 140km. Therefore, respect to also the 140km riders!
Graham Webb
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fritz,

Don't be embarrassed, you did more than me. I didn't even get down to the village market today on my bike. Embarassed

Going to make my legs ache tomorrow by watching the race on the telly. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: