Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Have you attended a committee meeting in the past two years?

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Have you attended a committee meeting in the past two years?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

As above
Yes
75%
 75%  [ 49 ]
No
24%
 24%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 65

StuartBen
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Have you attended a committee meeting in the past two years? Reply with quote

In theory both BC and CTT are democratic organisations taking note of their members' wishes with consultation from club committees upwards through regional committees and then through to national annual general meetings.

So how many veloriders have attended a club committee meeting in the past two years?

If you are a private member, then you are one of those who have not attended such a meeting.

It might be interesting to see how democracy works, if only in percentage terms. So please answer one way or another.
Ingatestonian
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do club AGMs also count?
Dark Helmet
E, Gold

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StuartBen wrote:
both BC and CTT are democratic organisations

Ingatestonian wrote:
Do club AGMs also count?

Isn't that where you democratically elect the o f f i c i a l s of a club Confused Wink
Rich Hill
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I did Richard Lodge and MattR could testify - but it may be longer than that.

I just don't like such meetings.
StuartBen
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to interupt VR with a serious question, but I find the voting so far interesting as quite a high proportion 73% have attended a committee meeting or agm in the past two years, which is much higher than I expected. Well done to those.
Chr!s B.
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I voted from the front page answers, without seeing what the question was.

Must get my voting problem sorted before Thursday!!!! Mr. Green

Committee meetings are great and in truth, is probably all that keeps some of our older cyclists alive, in my experience. Wink

So far, my life has been shortened by 14 days and 15 hours due to committee meetings.. Time I will never get back. Very Happy
mosschops

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this hasn't got anything to do with EUG has it? Sad
StuartBen
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mosschops wrote:

this hasn't got anything to do with EUG has it?

No.

Just wondered whether democracy in cycle sport worked any better than democracy in town hall and government politics, which are currently in the news, but where voting turnouts are extremely low.

I realise that it is normally quite unacceptable to have a serious thread on Veloriders and just hope that the Moderators do not notice.
Fluffy
E, Silver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: