Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Hill Climb - Hodge Hill....

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Hill Climb - Hodge Hill....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Hodge - Hill - Who will win?
Hodge will bring some much need humiliation?
60%
 60%  [ 15 ]
Hill will deliver a royal pasting...?
28%
 28%  [ 7 ]
The pair of them are clowns so who cares
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 25

Steve D-T
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peth Bank - crackin climb that. Used to live in Lanchester when I was a kid and climbed it daily. Its a gears climb that one.

Whatsis face that was in Sunderland Clarion - one of the Taylors - is he still racing them?
benlane
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve D-T wrote:
Peth Bank - crackin climb that. Used to live in Lanchester when I was a kid and climbed it daily. Its a gears climb that one.

Whatsis face that was in Sunderland Clarion - one of the Taylors - is he still racing them?

Ian Taylor - yes, he was doing the Richmond Grand prix, hence him missing this one. But he has won this event a few times, including the last 2 years.
He beat me in the first one of the season by 3 seconds on Quarrington Hill when I was 2nd again (GRRR).
He was second on Hartside last week to Dom Munnelly (I was 10th, but it is ore of a testers climb).

Ian is still a very handy hill climber.
Peth is good, brutal at the bottom though. I think of the North East HC's, Carlton bank is the most savage, cleveland wheelers, absolute killer.
Rich Hill
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed I am shocked at how much time I lost to the lanky fek over that climb. Was not expecting it to be so much frankly as I felt that I should have the benefit of power and a bit more riding than him but alas I was wrong. Rich did run a marathon just two weeks prior...

Getting lashed and smokin tabs the night before at my buddies wedding probably didn't help... I'd rather go down with the Cippo attitude than not. Added with underestimating what being over 2 stones heavier than racing weight does to one's performance.

Hodge rides his bike most days to work IIRC and from time to time does weekend rides but from what I understand he's doing this poxy running thing.

As for Hodge saying I need to learn some humility - he fails to post that I heartily congratulated him on his performance once I had checked it out with the time keeper.

No bother - as long as my knee is ok for the weekendhurt my knee yesterday. - I'll be dishing it to him - no problem If I feel ok after this - I might go in for the second one which is longer but much less in gradient I really feel it might not be quite right for me.

I'll keep you all posted... could I even the score to 1/1? (Gulp)
PNuT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary K wrote:
Mr Hill - your saddle is too high mate.

agreed..... its probably slipped down by now tho

http://www.pedalrevolution.co.uk
Davey C
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hill - I like your 'kin Ave it! attitude.
Rich Hill
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hodge hasn't reported on here but he's had a headache and cold for 3 days... such was the effort on him to trounce me... sigh.
Odge
E, Gold

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich Hill wrote:
Hodge rides his bike most days to work IIRC and from time to time does weekend rides but from what I understand he's doing this poxy running thing.

yeah, riding like this:
really brings on my VO2 max Laughing

Rich Hill wrote:
If I feel ok after this - I might go in for the second one which is longer but much less in gradient I really feel it might not be quite right for me.

I'll keep you all posted... could I even the score to 1/1? (Gulp)

Sorry mate, it's the Coventry Half Marathon that morning. I'll be doing that instead[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: