Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Cyclists' Breakfast

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Cyclists' Breakfast
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Road & General Cycling)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which is preferable
Nothing, but having a bacon roll on arrival at work post ride.
16%
 16%  [ 13 ]
Porridge and an optional poached egg on toast, pre-ride to work
83%
 83%  [ 64 ]
Total Votes : 77

Legs
E, Gold

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breakfast at 6:30 - mug of coffee and a bowl or two of 2/3 bran flakes and 1/3 crunchy oat cereal.

These (Kellogg's) studies saying that regularly eating breakfast helps you stay slim are, IMO, misleading, and confusing cause and effect. I'd respectfully suggest that the kind of person who is disciplined enough to get up early enough to eat breakfast before leaving the house is the kind of person who has the self-restraint to follow a calorie controlled diet and have a sensible exercise regime...
JONNO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't possibly leave the house without a slap up breakfast.
I was being chased by a police dog last week, and made the mistake of trying to escape through a little tunnel, over a see-saw and through a hoop of fire. It finally caught me as I was weaving in and out of some sticks.
MaryClubrun
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legs wrote:
These (Kellogg's) studies saying that regularly eating breakfast helps you stay slim are, IMO, misleading, and confusing cause and effect. I'd respectfully suggest that the kind of person who is disciplined enough to get up early enough to eat breakfast before leaving the house is the kind of person who has the self-restraint to follow a calorie controlled diet and have a sensible exercise regime...

Dont worry, it'll fool stupid people and help them sell more cereal - two birds with one stone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Road & General Cycling) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: