Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Insoles

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Insoles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Tips & How To
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Si Blythe
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Insoles Reply with quote

Has anyone used a set of insoles in a Bont shoe, if so what were thay and did it help?

The reason I as is that I run Bonts with the standard insole however, I think my right arch needs a little more support but before I jump in I thought I see what peoples' experencies are first.
DenHaag
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Insoles Reply with quote

Si Blythe wrote:
Has anyone used a set of insoles in a Bont shoe, if so what were thay and did it help?

The reason I as is that I run Bonts with the standard insole however, I think my right arch needs a little more support but before I jump in I thought I see what peoples' experencies are first.

What makes you think that?
Si Blythe
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I walk I get a fair bit of inward rotation of my right foot (pronation) and on the bike the foot feels like it is rolling inwards too. The feeling I get is that I actually want to wedge the inside of the cleat very slightly to lift the foot.
I dont think I have weak aductors however, I think I may have a weak right glut.
dockeca
Div 2 Pro

Location: halfway up the South Downs - or halfway down the South Ups!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years ago when doing some running I had a pronation problem that was causing injuries. On advice, rather than fiddle about with inserts myself, I went to see a physio who *CENSORED* in gait analysis and podiatry. She took proper casts of both feet and custom orthotics were made for me. Not cheap, but pronation was reduced to almost nothing, kilometre times improved by about 30 seconds, and injuries stopped. Best thing I ever did in the bio-mechanics field, before trying out stock inserts and possibly making things worse it is well worth professional analysis.

"Any views expressed are entirely my own and not representative of any organisation of which I may or may not be a member. Unless I say otherwise."
"A Libertarian Crackpot" H.Peel
Si Blythe
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, I think I will see one when I get back. I'd like to try and get to the root cause of the problem to see if it is something that can be addressed through a series of exercises and muscle strengthening or if it's jus t the way I'm made.

If orthotics are the only option then a proper custom set must be the way forward.
tracksprinterbabe
E, Gold

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had custom made supports made from a sports physio *CENSORED* and never looked back. Wish I knew about them years ago. Was given exercises as well to strengthen my feet etc
If you don't need them they won't recommend supports, your pains could be completely unrelated, a *CENSORED* will sort you out.

I went to FASIC in Edinburgh, http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/sport-exercise/fasic
highlandpro
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont like to agree with TSB Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad but Evan Oliphant has these and swears by them !

www.wheelsmith.co.uk
www.metaltek.co.uk
www.nottinghamforest.co.uk
www.meltonolympic.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Tips & How To All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: