Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Which forum is best?

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Which forum is best?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which forum is best?
CTT
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Velo Riders
79%
 79%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 44

James
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Which forum is best? Reply with quote

Just been thinking about which forum is best?

I reckon Velo Riders is, you can say what you like, whereas on the CTT there's half a million mods on there that delete a loads of posts when they feel like it. Are they traffic wardens in the day, and mods at night? Plus there's that verification stage you have to go through, where you need a passport photocopy to prove who you are.

So it's no surprise there's people rebelling on there wanting a new forum. I say ship 'em all over here. Best forum on the web by far Very Happy
Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mods on the ctt site (bar one young lady) do come across as a bit *CENSORED*.
Thomo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timcooper wrote:
The mods on the ctt site (bar one young lady) do come across as a bit *CENSORED*.
You might just get banned after all Tim... Laughing

Paul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is cr@p now though, ain't it Thomo?
Did the CTT hand the board over cos of fear of litigation?
Quite ironic if they did...
PNuT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this site is by far the best & will slowly take over Wink some testers are against change Laughing

http://www.pedalrevolution.co.uk
PNuT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timcooper wrote:

i believe thomo was away on holiday & the change was made without consultation Shocked

Thomo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Which forum is best? Reply with quote

James wrote:

I reckon Velo Riders is, you can say what you like, whereas on the CTT there's half a million mods on there that delete a loads of posts when they feel like it. Are they traffic wardens in the day, and mods at night? Plus there's that verification stage you have to go through, where you need a passport photocopy to prove who you are.

So it's no surprise there's people rebelling on there wanting a new forum. I say ship 'em all over here. Best forum on the web by far Very Happy
Please note that it is NOT the CTT forum.

There are 8 moderators. (how many on VR???)

How many posts get deleted on here? (I know for a fact that very few do on the Time Trial forum).

Can you really say what you want on here? I very much doubt it. Perhaps one of the 12 or 15 moderators that are on here 24/7 can let us know?

For all that people do complain on the TT forum, they are still coming back and contributing to normal threads as usual. It just happens to be the 'in thing' to moan that the moderators are meddling, whereas we do not do that much different to the one or two from before - there are just a few more regular posters doing it (how strange - just like on VR!)

As for the ID approval stage, it was because of one or two users trying to register litrally hundreds of 'fake' ID's, and also one or two others who used it as a way of posting abusive items or plainly trolling for reactions. If that sort of thing happened more often on here something would get done about it - much in the same way that they stopped 'Guest' posters for the very same reasons.

So for me - they are both excellant and I use them both a lot. I actually find VR to be a little less interesting than a few months ago or last year, but then who knows, it may get better. The TT forum has come on to be a much better place since I started using it 2 years ago, when it was still quite young.

Paul

(PS - is this the sort of reaction you wanted?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Thomo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timcooper wrote:
I do think that the moderator bashing is cr@p - it is just not warranted & very wrong what is being claimed.

I do not have any idea exactly why the board was handed over by Keith - it wasn't ever owned directly by CTT anyway.

As for the litigation part... As far as I am aware, there hasn't been any hint of litigation needed as a result of anything said on the TT forum? If there has it's news to me! Shocked

Paul
Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind the meddling to be honest Thomo - I got told off for swearing which was fair enough and I apologised to the teller-offer, but then that bloke who runs it started a 'how dare you?' thread after the event.
Theres too much self important posting, like "we've had 26 applications for membership at the moment which we are considering" - just let them in *CENSORED*.
One of the mods even made a joke on there about a woman who might be a man - Jennie Longo - anyone else would have been slated for doing that.
Lot of double standards on there at the mo.
PNuT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive tried not to slate the mods on there as everyone seems to kick off when i do Laughing

Thomo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timcooper wrote:
I don't mind the meddling to be honest Thomo - I got told off for swearing which was fair enough and I apologised to the teller-offer, but then that bloke who runs it started a 'how dare you?' thread after the event.
Theres too much self important posting, like "we've had 26 applications for membership at the moment which we are considering" - just let them in *CENSORED*.
One of the mods even made a joke on there about a woman who might be a man - Jennie Longo - anyone else would have been slated for doing that.
Lot of double standards on there at the mo.
But the whole point is that you might not mind what is put on the posts, but we do have to mind.

I explained the situation with the multiple ID registrations (& if I remember, it was 62 registration applications in the space of 10 or so mins? Remarkable when an average day has at most a handful, and often none. So clearly something was not right and that was a good way of letting the users know that it was happening).
And I think you are rather clutching at straws with that last comment, and you know it.

Paul
Whippet
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a real "in-crowd"/"everyone else Evil or Very Mad off" feeling about the place, the laughing emoticon is sooo annoying and the Shocked is nowhere near as good as this one here >>>Shocked.
PNuT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul, you mention the 62 applications....

i believe before techno took ownership ov the forum there was around 750(guess) registered users.....he then took over did a bit ov cleaning for what appeared to be no real reason & made it permission to join only by moderators permission!! i believe it went down to around 570....

so .... in short, 2 years & around 200 bogus(which included accidental/users that no longer use etc) & after technos meddaling you get 62 in one day...

Laughing

Judith
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whippet wrote:
there's a real "in-crowd"/"everyone else Evil or Very Mad off" feeling about the place

Yeah I agree. I gave up on it as I got the impression I'd been sent to Coventry which I guess might have been something to do with having been involved in silly exchanges about cakes with someone who supported someone else who's opinions were deemed not OK. Bizzarre. I was pleased to see that this forum has a non-cycling related topic area which included hot topics about cakes Very Happy
Des

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the "CTT" forum boring most of the time, same topics keep cropping up, and they all seem to moan about losing D/C's without getting off the keyboards and doing anything about it Rolling Eyes
qcscmh
World Champ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Which forum is best? Reply with quote

James wrote:

James - I hope your running the same poll on the CTT forum so you can copare the results of the poll Wink

Cycling Bargains Dealfinder @ https://cycling-bargains.co.uk?utm_source=VeloridersSignature
Twitter @ https://twitter.com/BargainsCycling
Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/cyclebargains
James
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Which forum is best? Reply with quote

qcscmh wrote:
James wrote:

James - I hope your running the same poll on the CTT forum so you can copare the results of the poll Wink

I don't get on the CTT forum much, probably get banned now anyway!
woolly willy
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you write sensible things you are ok. And as long as you acknowledge that Thomo knows everything then that is ok.
if you deviate from the norm you are 'black-balled'. And told of.

Evil or Very Mad
Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Last edited by woolly willy on Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
bonger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pretty much stoped using this forum, the road and track forum might be ok, but there's alot less knowledge on the TT forum compared to the "CTT" forum.
PNuT

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonger wrote:
I pretty much stoped using this forum, the road and track forum might be ok, but there's alot less knowledge on the TT forum compared to the "CTT" forum.

nonsence.... Me You & Thomo all use this forum & all three ov us know everything anyway..... so the other knowledge is just duplicated & rather irrelevant anyway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: