Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Which forum is best?

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Which forum is best?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which forum is best?
CTT
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Velo Riders
79%
 79%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 44

Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="claireashtonuk"]
timcooper wrote:
claireashtonuk wrote:
denis wrote:
The CTT moderation is overdone and subjective, the moderation on here is brutal! I started a thread on here a fe.............

What I cna't understand is all the whining from those who say VR is a lot easier going.......

Claire

One of **** moderators on the 'Dark Side'

Blollox Claire - those threads on the CTT site were in the good old pre-Techno days. How long would they last now eh?

So we all agree the CTT forum was better before it was handed over, thats a better generalisation.

Seem to be lasting fairly well, Tim. If I have anything to do with it it will last as long as sensible people wish to post to it.

I suppose the problem the VR Mods have is a far higher percentage of members who post for effect rather as part of a discussion.

D'you think that the timing of the latest posting on the CTT site is a spooky coincidence then? ie after mine on here?
claireashtonuk
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timcooper wrote:

D'you think that the timing of the latest posting on the CTT site is a spooky coincidence then? ie after mine on here?

Not really. I would have to go and look who started it, but I suspect they did on the TT site as they thought it might last a bit longer.

I would have been surprised if there had been NO comment after that letter from Joan Kershaw in the comic.

Claire
Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

claireashtonuk wrote:
I would have been surprised if there had been NO comment after that letter from Joan Kershaw in the comic

Shocked you surprised me there - I spent some time in Liverpool and trained with Prescot Eagle, didn't think JK would do anonymous letters?? How do you know it was her?
claireashtonuk
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="timcooper] you surprised me there - I spent some time in Liverpool and trained with Prescot Eagle, didn't think JK would do anonymous letters?? How do you know it was her?[/quote]

Wink

Claire
Techno
E, Silver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timcooper wrote:
I don't mind the meddling to be honest Thomo - I got told off for swearing which was fair enough and I apologised to the teller-offer, but then that bloke who runs it started a 'how dare you?' thread after the event.
Theres too much self important posting, like "we've had 26 applications for membership at the moment which we are considering" - just let them in *CENSORED*.
One of the mods even made a joke on there about a woman who might be a man - Jennie Longo - anyone else would have been slated for doing that.
Lot of double standards on there at the mo.
Crying or Very sad

How convenient that you're economical with the facts?
The guy who runs it started a thread not because of your language (that was being dealt with already) but because the subject matter was designed specificaly to be offensive to me the guy who runs it.
As for slating? you do enough of that for all of us.
If I had double standards you would have been deleted long since.
Regards Andy Waters Cool

Techno
E, Silver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Animal wrote:
Yes, there is a bit of an old school RTTC anorak mentality over "there". There's always talk about "fast" courses. "Where's a fast 25 in the north" and crap like that.

If you speak up and encourage people to do hilly or sporting courses you get slagged off.

TTing is going to disappear up its own ar$e if we don't get some new blood into the sport!

Newcomers tend not to give a shi-ite about standard distances and "fast" courses - they want the challenge of racing hard. They are forced to do a "fast" course once every 3 years just to be sure of getting entries wherever and whenever they want.

"Over there" "RTTC old school"
Rubbish

There is a good mix of all types "over there" I myself may not be young but I am recent blood & as enthusiastic about TTing as a teenager......I like faster courses but I like *CENSORED* , Spoco's & hill climbs too & many of our users are Spoco riders.
Post this thread over there Nigel I'm sure many will be surprised at your broad brush stroke?

Crimson Pirate
Cat 4 Groupie
Cat 4 Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Which forum is best? Reply with quote

No contest now Arborwood have started requiring you to log on just to browse thier forum.

Looks like its going to go the way of Cycling Weakly

Well done velo riders you now have a new member

Crimson Pirate
denis
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, I haven't been able to view it this morning, though I thought it was because I'm not wearing a dinner jacket today, just an ordinary suit?
Judith
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't surprise me actually that is's gone this way - it was only a matter of time really. Rolling Eyes
Whippet
E, Gold

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Which forum is best? Reply with quote

yeah i did have a sensible post here but it was wrong. so i edited it Shocked.
Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go onTechno, let me coach you Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: