Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - BC magazine / handbook

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

BC magazine / handbook
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which format would you like to see from BC
Prefer Handbook format
82%
 82%  [ 19 ]
Prefer Magazine format
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 23

Dave Wilkes
E, Gold

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dockeca wrote:

Dave, clearly you have strong views about BC. Good for you expressing them and not hiding behind a silly alias. I applaud that.
How about standing for a board place at the next AGM, and having a bash at moving things along from the inside??

It's all a question of time available. I enjoy what I'm doing at the moment, coaching and involvement with Team Bradgate ( as well as Division committee work when the chance arrives i.e. when they call a meeting) Confused
... and IF I ever got a board place I'd fear getting an ulcer! Evil or Very Mad
polly
E, Silver

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that's settled then Dave,

Doc will propose you, I'll second you Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pieman
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking about the New Mag this year, could this explain why so meny races were canceled this year, any ideas. Question Wink

Personaly I prefer the old style, but maybe with updates on BC or Veloriders, and snail mail post for those without the internet. Idea
Des

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the comic has its critics on this site, but surely it is the ideal vehicle for updates to the calender etc to be published. The BCF used to have a newsletter printed in it about once a month when I started riding.

The maths also add up if the circulation figures are to be believed. 30000 sales = aprox twice the number of BC members (aprox 16000), combined with the use of new media over 90% of the membership should be kept informed fairly easily.

The handbook did work, I don't believe the magazine does, our RR entries are down this year. As for the late calender submittal dates, these were still too early for West Thames as our races did'nt get included until the second edition
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: