Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Do You Believe Him?

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Do You Believe Him?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you believe David Millar?
Yes
25%
 25%  [ 18 ]
No
74%
 74%  [ 52 ]
Total Votes : 70

De Rosa
World Champ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Do You Believe Him? Reply with quote

David Millar has denied an allegation by a French team mate that Millar used *CENSORED* to win the final time trial stage in the tour a couple of years ago (according to reports on www.cyclingnews.com). Do you believe him?
Des

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given what he's already owned up to, why would he lie about that - He already lost his rainbow Jersey through his own admissions.
Adam
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you believe anything cyclists say anymore?

http://twitter.com/adamtranter
bonger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can't be trusted.
Coggy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe him.
Max Drury
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's great how all these riders condem *CENSORED* cheats, but when they get caught...moan like f**k and come out with the most pathetic excuses, and then tell tales on their fellow riders etc.. like whining $hit$. Instead of putting their hands up, walking away an keeping quiet! Nothing worse than a grass!!!
You're a *CENSORED* cheat...you took a risk..you got caught..unlucky!! End of story!!!
Ivan
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Des wrote:
Given what he's already owned up to, why would he lie about that - He already lost his rainbow Jersey through his own admissions.

Because an admission that Gaumont was in fact telling the truth might just indicate that there had been a systematic doping program at Cofidis affecting not only the riders and other staff still under investigation , but also the remaining riders at Cofidis. This would undermine the argument that *CENSORED* in
cycling is an individual matter ie there is no wide-spread systematic *CENSORED* use
by the top teams , there are only a few " rotten apples ".
Roy Gardiner
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max Drury wrote:
Nothing worse than a grass!!! You're a *CENSORED* cheat... you took a risk..you got caught..unlucky!! End of story!!!
So even if Millar's (or someone else's) revalations might help unover systematic doping, catch the guilty and contribute to the anti-dope programee, silence should be maintained? Not sure I see the logic, reasonableness or morality of the stance.

"Everything in war is simple, but the simplest thing is difficult." Carl Von Clausewitz
varno
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word on the street is that DM is in a bad way.....I heard hes hit the bottle and the fags...Shame..However, "do the crime, do the time". I hope he pulls himself together and comes back and rides again. He may not be the rider he was but it would show his strenghth if he did (thats if he is that strenghth)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=182745114790&ref=mf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjCZGQ3rMG0
elaina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

varno wrote:
Word on the street is that DM is in a bad way.....I heard hes hit the bottle and the fags...Shame..However, "do the crime, do the time". I hope he pulls himself together and comes back and rides again. He may not be the rider he was but it would show his strenghth if he did (thats if he is that strenghth)

Hope your info is reliable and libelous
elaina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elaina wrote:
varno wrote:

Hope your info is reliable and libelous

Just been told this is not altogether new news.
Sorry to have questioned you Varno.
Max Drury
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy Gardiner wrote:
Max Drury wrote:
Nothing worse than a grass!!! You're a *CENSORED* cheat... you took a risk..you got caught..unlucky!! End of story!!!
So even if Millar's (or someone else's) revalations might help unover systematic doping, catch the guilty and contribute to the anti-dope programee, silence should be maintained? Not sure I see the logic, reasonableness or morality of the stance.

Maybe you should read what i wrote and not reply to what you think I wrote!
Do you think that all cyclists who get caught should tell all they know in aid to rid the sport of *CENSORED*? What planet are you on??
You can't take a great deal of notice in what Millar has to say... surely?
Everything is fine when they're cheating and getting away with it, but as soon as they get caught..Millar and other similar simpering tw@s moan like mad! He's gutted and probably bitter, knowing that he got caught and there are possibly many many more getting away with it!
He isn't going to have a sudden attack of morality!
Ivan
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

varno wrote:

Shame on you , Varno , since when has it been shameful for a Scotchman to hit the bottle and the fags ?
Dave Bruylandts , another " sinner " has put on a stone and is signing on.
Roy Gardiner
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max Drury wrote:
How can I do other than reply to what I think you said? However, seeing as I failed to understand what you actually said, I shan't reply again.

"Everything in war is simple, but the simplest thing is difficult." Carl Von Clausewitz
Max Drury
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy Gardiner wrote:
Max Drury wrote:
How can I do other than reply to what I think you said? However, seeing as I failed to understand what you actually said, I shan't reply again.

ohh...come on Roy..don't be like that! Bring the ball back! Laughing
Ivan
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy Gardiner wrote:
Max Drury wrote:

Smile
troy spartan
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max Drury wrote:
Roy Gardiner wrote:
Max Drury wrote:

Do you think that all cyclists who get caught should tell all they know in aid to rid the sport of *CENSORED*? What planet are you on??
You can't take a great deal of notice in what Millar has to say... surely?
Everything is fine when they're cheating and getting away with it, but as soon as they get caught..Millar and other similar simpering tw@s moan like mad! He's gutted and probably bitter, knowing that he got caught and there are possibly many many more getting away with it!
He isn't going to have a sudden attack of morality!

You shouldn't hold back so much Max, if you've got something to say, you say it Very Happy .

It always surprises me that people hold so much store in what cheats have to say after they've been caught. Isn't it a bit daft to form opinions on information provided by the dishonest.

Whilst malicious gossip sells books and scandal sheets, I'd hope that fair minded types would see these outburst as nothing more than spin and self serving propaganda designed to deflect attention onto someone else.

When you start using the word of a lair to justify a point of view you've started a witch hunt and anything that follows has no credability.

Life's short but hard like a bodybuilding elf.

Fun whilst it lasted.

www.whiteknightrc.com
Mossy
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max Drury wrote:
.......... Nothing worse than a grass........

It's precisly because of that kind of childish attitude that the *CENSORED* thing in cycling is so out of hand. And why a lot of other things are so bad in our society. Actually it takes a lot of courage to be a grass, if only there were more people prpared to stand up for what is right and speak out against the bully boys.
rghit pclae.
troy spartan
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossy wrote:
Max Drury wrote:
.......... Nothing worse than a grass........

It's precisly because of that kind of childish attitude that the *CENSORED* thing in cycling is so out of hand. And why a lot of other things are so bad in our society. Actually it takes a lot of courage to be a grass, if only there were more people prpared to stand up for what is right and speak out against the bully boys.

I think that depends what you think constitutes being a grass.

It is generally given, round this neck of the woods, that a grass is someone who turns on his fellow criminals, or in this case cheats, to gain favour, justify his actions or to try and move the focus of attention onto someone else. Unless your a publisher a hack or one of their moronic readers how can you risk giving credabillity to what a self confessed cheat has to say?

Life's short but hard like a bodybuilding elf.

Fun whilst it lasted.

www.whiteknightrc.com
Rich Hill
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossy - I'm with you... tis a sh*te situation - but I see your proposition as the right one..

Thrillster....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: