Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Favourite Training Tune!

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Favourite Training Tune!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you train with a walkman/ipod?
Yes
49%
 49%  [ 32 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 65

Carvill
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Boy wrote:
Stuart wrote:
I'm club 10 mile time trial champion

Yeah well I'm club 10, 25, 50, track, road, mtb, pie eating and beer swilling champion!

http://www.davesdaily.com/pictures/267-cheesedoodles.htm

www.point7.co.uk | www.lincsquad.co.uk
Oz
E, Silver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyclingscott wrote:
cyclingscott wrote:

Firstly, as a cyclist, you don't have a reinforced metal box around you so it is a bit worse if said metal box crashes into you than it would be in your car.
Secondly, at the risk of sounding boring, if you are not paying attention when you are driving you shouldn't be driving-you are in control of a deadly weapon effectively. And apparently you are more aware on your bike than when you are driving but you fall asleep on your bike. Shocked
Thirdly, if you fall asleep on your bike, something must be wrong-if it bores you that much maybe you shouldn't bother.

Basically, I am hoping I don't live anywhere near you!

Belson wrote:

yes u do sound very boring. Secondly if u find 9 hour winter training rides interesting then maybe theres something wrong with u, and thirdly if i shouldnt bother then neither should u, as i am a lot better than u will ever be.

Also i never said i dont pay attention when driving, i said i pay less attention and if theres a single person on here who can claim that they pay more attention when driving is lying.

And its ok, i'd never live anywhere near scotland, just come up, win your races, take ur women and come home Very Happy Dont get personal next time mate.
Shocked

Alright Belson, calm down. Are you always this paranoid? I have just re-read my last post and I don't think I said anything about you not bothering so I don't know where that came from.
Also, I don't think I got personal at all, I don't know who you are so don't know whether you are any better or worse than me and, quite frankly for the purposes of this website I couldn't give a flying f**k. If I am not as good as you, does it make my opinion any less valid than yours, especially when we are talking about driving as well as cycling.
Personally, I pay just as much attention when I am driving, if not more-I don't like the idea of scaring, injuring or killing somebody because I am not paying attention.
As Billy Boy said, Surrey is nowhere near Scotland-maybe you weren't paying attention when you were driving to Surrey and didn't realise until you saw the Welcome to Scotland sign Laughing

By the way, you sound like a great guy Very Happy

Theres no way im more aware on a bike than in a car. Yeah, u notice more, but mainly because yer doing 1/3rd the speed. I often drift off on a bike in me own little world, but then again i have nearly fallen asleep on a bike from bonking, closing my eyes for 20 secs at a time coz i was so tired!
I find it difficult sometimes in a car maintaining concentration sat behind some muppet doing 35 in a 60, but never ever had a prob at 70mph. Your body knows when it has to concentrate!!
I think that riding a bike helps u drive much better. Anticipation of dangers, pedestrians etc is ingrained in any long term cyclist, and as soon as u've ended up on yer ass a couple of times u have a pretty good appreciation of road conditions!!! Surprised
Billy Boy
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carvill wrote:
Billy Boy wrote:
Stuart wrote:

Yeah well I'm club 10, 25, 50, track, road, mtb, pie eating and beer swilling champion!

Congrats, is that the Jack Lonesome team then Smile

Never heard of CC Billy Boy!? Shame on you Wink

"Eating is not for wimps" - coal miner

"most of us don't have your brilliance." - John McC
Carvill
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Boy wrote:
Carvill wrote:
Billy Boy wrote:
Stuart wrote:

Can I have a joining form Laughing

Carvill
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oz wrote:
cyclingscott wrote:
cyclingscott wrote:

Firstly, as a cyclist, you don't have a reinforced metal box around you so it is a bit worse if said metal box crashes into you than it would be in your car.
Secondly, at the risk of sounding boring, if you are not paying attention when you are driving you shouldn't be driving-you are in control of a deadly weapon effectively. And apparently you are more aware on your bike than when you are driving but you fall asleep on your bike. Shocked
Thirdly, if you fall asleep on your bike, something must be wrong-if it bores you that much maybe you shouldn't bother.

Basically, I am hoping I don't live anywhere near you!

Can hear where your coming from, although its scares the sh1te out of me to think there could be a kamikazee sleep riding cyclist on his way down some A road..... Shocked
I tend to also find it worse in a group, because there is always someone so involved in the conversation they are having, that they are drifting into the road without a care....... it makes me cringe!!!!

Belson wrote:

yes u do sound very boring. Secondly if u find 9 hour winter training rides interesting then maybe theres something wrong with u, and thirdly if i shouldnt bother then neither should u, as i am a lot better than u will ever be.

Also i never said i dont pay attention when driving, i said i pay less attention and if theres a single person on here who can claim that they pay more attention when driving is lying.

And its ok, i'd never live anywhere near scotland, just come up, win your races, take ur women and come home Very Happy Dont get personal next time mate.
Shocked

Alright Belson, calm down. Are you always this paranoid? I have just re-read my last post and I don't think I said anything about you not bothering so I don't know where that came from.
Also, I don't think I got personal at all, I don't know who you are so don't know whether you are any better or worse than me and, quite frankly for the purposes of this website I couldn't give a flying f**k. If I am not as good as you, does it make my opinion any less valid than yours, especially when we are talking about driving as well as cycling.
Personally, I pay just as much attention when I am driving, if not more-I don't like the idea of scaring, injuring or killing somebody because I am not paying attention.
As Billy Boy said, Surrey is nowhere near Scotland-maybe you weren't paying attention when you were driving to Surrey and didn't realise until you saw the Welcome to Scotland sign Laughing

By the way, you sound like a great guy Very Happy

Theres no way im more aware on a bike than in a car. Yeah, u notice more, but mainly because yer doing 1/3rd the speed. I often drift off on a bike in me own little world, but then again i have nearly fallen asleep on a bike from bonking, closing my eyes for 20 secs at a time coz i was so tired!
I find it difficult sometimes in a car maintaining concentration sat behind some muppet doing 35 in a 60, but never ever had a prob at 70mph. Your body knows when it has to concentrate!!
I think that riding a bike helps u drive much better. Anticipation of dangers, pedestrians etc is ingrained in any long term cyclist, and as soon as u've ended up on yer ass a couple of times u have a pretty good appreciation of road conditions!!! Surprised

Matt Winston
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carvill wrote:
Billy Boy wrote:
Carvill wrote:
Billy Boy wrote:
Stuart wrote:

Wot makes you think any1 would want u!!! Wink
Carvill
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Winston wrote:
Carvill wrote:
Billy Boy wrote:
Carvill wrote:
Billy Boy wrote:
Stuart wrote:

Wot makes you think any1 would want u!!! Wink

cus i am the king???? why else!!!!!!

Learning_Slowly
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the guy who posted earlier saying he had abstained from *CENSORED* and alcohol to win his club ten, i would want to win the tour if i was going to do that! Especially as i'm a student, *CENSORED* and alcohol is all we know apart from the occassional lecture!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: