Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Fashion Problems

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Fashion Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

White Oversocks
Heavens No
28%
 28%  [ 8 ]
Hell Yeah
71%
 71%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 28

Whippet
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Fashion Problems Reply with quote

These are important matters that need addressing before the start of the season:

I currently have a pair of and was thinking of going out on a limb and getting a pimpish white pair. Is this a fashion error? I have that never get particularly tanned, if that helps. They would be short, a tasteful sort of just-over-ankle length so don't worry about that part of things, I'm not going to end up like some sort of Revolutionary junior.

Also what about black undervests? The white string vest is getting a bit tatty/yellowed/crashed and needs replacing. Is black okay?

Now the real Gold Run question... What about white oversocks and a black undervest at the same time? Is this a step (or two) too far?

These are important questions. Please help. Examples of fashion faux pas are also welcome to strengthen your arguments.
faye04_27
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hhmm i wouldn't go for black over-socks with white legs. Get some white ones! Very Happy Longs socks are ok as long as there not too long but im not going to go into that topic Rolling Eyes
Lee
World Champ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll never keep white ones clean Wink Wink
Whippet
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faye04_27 wrote:
hhmm i wouldn't go for black over-socks with white legs. Get some white ones! Very Happy Longs socks are ok as long as there not too long but im not going to go into that topic Rolling Eyes
do you have any views on black undervests? david millar looked cool in his, but then i'm not david millar...

female opinions count double of course. Wink Shocked

Very Happy
faye04_27
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want the black undervest then go for it! Very Happy
I don't have many views about undervests.
Lee
World Champ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whippet wrote:
faye04_27 wrote:
do you have any views on black undervests? david millar looked cool in his, but then i'm not david millar...

female opinions count double of course. Wink Shocked

Very Happy

Take it we're talking a mesh stylee one??? Could look cool with Solihull colours.
Whippet
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solihull colours? I'm an Exeter Wheeler now, y'know. Embarassed. which is why such an effort's needed, as the jersey's so crap.
Lee
World Champ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whippet wrote:
Solihull colours? I'm an Exeter Wheeler now, y'know. Embarassed. which is why such an effort's needed, as the jersey's so crap.

So what are there colours like then? That has a bearing on everything doesn't it
Whippet
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee wrote:
Whippet wrote:

So what are there colours like then? That has a bearing on everything doesn't it
a sort of unnecessarily bright yellow. the current version also has a picture of a chainring or something on it, for which there is no need. luckily i've managed to borrow an early 1990s version for a few weeks it's like the gold/black planet-x tops of a couple of years ago (but brighter and less trendy).

anyway, it's yellow. black would be a nice contrast i suppose...
Lee
World Champ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whippet wrote:
Lee wrote:
Whippet wrote:

a sort of unnecessarily bright yellow. the current version also has a picture of a chainring or something on it, for which there is no need. luckily i've managed to borrow an early 1990s version for a few weeks it's like the gold/black planet-x tops of a couple of years ago (but brighter and less trendy).

Sounds fetching!!!!

Black vest - yes. - but with black overshoes definately not white.

In the summer I'd suggest, if you can still get them, The black Rudy Project socks with Yellow trim.
Whippet
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee wrote:
Whippet wrote:
Lee wrote:
Whippet wrote:

Sounds fetching!!!!

In the summer I'd suggest, if you can still get them, The black Rudy Project socks with Yellow trim.
see how difficult it is?!

here's the old jersey. the new one is too horrible to post:

Lee
World Champ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whippet wrote:
Lee wrote:
Whippet wrote:
Lee wrote:
Whippet wrote:

Sounds fetching!!!!

see how difficult it is?!

here's the old jersey. the new one is too horrible to post:

awww but you never mentioned the white stripe, and with the other colouring been dark blue - black's going to look bad i reckon!
El Chico Ingles
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

white over socks all the time black only if its mega wet an muddy, so when we are we goin to see u in ur exe wheeler kit then ? u looked to happy sat watching the pursuit on sat.....
Incomplete Pete
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't give a toss what everyone else thinks, wear what YOU like, not everyone else likes!

I hate the way all of a sudden everyone is wearing the same thing cos fashion dictates it. That '80s phase a few months ago; all of a sudden everyone had mullets and shoulder pads! Why don't they chose what they like to wear and not wear what everyone else likes?!

Damn clones....*mutters*
Matt M
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how could you even consider *not* wearing white oversocks? they look P-I-M-P in all conditions. practicality is not a valid excuse for wearing any other colour...

a couple of weeks ago Cycling Weekly said they'd also make you go faster and I believe *everything* I read in the comic...
Chr!s B.
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt M wrote:
how could you even consider *not* wearing white oversocks? they look P-I-M-P in all conditions. practicality is not a valid excuse for wearing any other colour...

a couple of weeks ago Cycling Weekly said they'd also make you go faster and I believe *everything* I read in the comic...

Matt, your over socks arent even cycling ones.... there 99p Sports socks from Newbury Market... and very holey - last time I saw them..

Will you be getting green ones now?? Havent seen them on the stall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: