Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - sherwood cc sunday run today

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

sherwood cc sunday run today
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> East Midlands General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
planki
Cat 4 Groupie
Cat 4 Groupie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: sherwood cc sunday run today Reply with quote

hi! i was out on my bike earlier today and saw all you sherwood cc guys coming back down the epperstone bypass, im guessing you where heading back towards lowdham for the end of your ride??

you lucky gits had the wind going with you, must have made things nice and easy i was struggling along fighting the headwind ! Mad

anyway i was thinking i might come and join you guys on one of your runs, what happens in terms of people getting dropped etc do you wait or someone slows down for them to catch up etc

cheers guys!
TW@

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.btinternet.com/~wayne.bradley/clubruns.htm#Sunday

Sherwood CC are a good bunch, in terms of success they're behind Chesterfield Coureurs (obviously Rolling Eyes ) in the East Mids, but far more successful than the (defunct?) Bradgate and (defunct?) Ashfield.
Dave Wilkes
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TW@ wrote:
http://www.btinternet.com/~wayne.bradley/clubruns.htm#Sunday

Sherwood CC are a good bunch, in terms of success they're behind Chesterfield Coureurs (obviously Rolling Eyes ) in the East Mids, but far more successful than the (defunct?) Bradgate and (defunct?) Ashfield.

wash yer mouth out Cooper Twisted Evil Alec Leslie was 10th at Eastway this weekend - should be a few others starting their season over the next few weeks - so there Mad
TW@

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My God - 10th at Eastway in February, I take it all back
TomcaT
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: sherwood cc sunday run today Reply with quote

planki wrote:
anyway i was thinking i might come and join you guys on one of your runs, what happens in terms of people getting dropped etc do you wait or someone slows down for them to catch up etc

cheers guys!

If you do meet up, ask for Ed, he is club captain and will keep an eye out for you on your 1st run. In general the club run keeps together unless it is the burn up for the cafe!
Andrew Jackson
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: sherwood cc sunday run today Reply with quote

TomcaT wrote:
planki wrote:

cheers guys!

If you do meet up, ask for Ed, he is club captain and will keep an eye out for you on your 1st run. In general the club run keeps together unless it is the burn up for the cafe!

Parrot Rule No.1. Never go past Ed if you want a nice ride to the cafe, without getting lost. The Sunday rides are better for a steady run, but Saturdays are great fun if you're up for a burn up Laughing ALthough Rule NO.1 applies on Saturday aswell.
ray stuart
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooper wrote "Sherwood CC are a good bunch, in terms of success they're behind Chesterfield Coureurs (obviously ) in the East Mids, but far more successful than the (defunct?) Bradgate and (defunct?) Ashfield."
You are obviously out of touch, but then living out of the Division, that's what I would expect. Sherwood more succesful? So how come the only decent rider they have spends his weekends on Ashfield events?
Ashfield RC - an ordinary, moderately succesful and highly influential cycling club.
Thomo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ray stuart wrote:
Cooper wrote "Sherwood CC are a good bunch, in terms of success they're behind Chesterfield Coureurs (obviously ) in the East Mids, but far more successful than the (defunct?) Bradgate and (defunct?) Ashfield."
You are obviously out of touch, but then living out of the Division, that's what I would expect. Sherwood more succesful? So how come the only decent rider they have spends his weekends on Ashfield events?
Ashfield RC - an ordinary, moderately succesful and highly influential cycling club.
Only decent rider? Laughing I think even Animal will accept he isn't the only decent rider in the Sherwood... There are 3 or 4 that give him a hard time...

I also didn't notice the Ashfield beating the Sherwood in the last 2 year's Lighthouse Trophy... Wink

Paul
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Only decent rider? I think even Animal will accept he isn't the only decent rider in the Sherwood... There are 3 or 4 that give him a hard time...

I also didn't notice the Ashfield beating the Sherwood in the last 2 year's Lighthouse Trophy... "

Another misinformed outsider I'm afraid. Sherwood won the Lighthouse last year. The year before it was won by Ashfield , as it was in the previous 5 years. You obviously didn't notice this. The most recent time that Sherwood won it before that was in 1948!
There may be 3 or 4 that give him a hard time in the Sherwood Club evening 10 mile TTs but you never see any Sherwood riders even competing never mind getting results in open events.
And when did Sherwood win the Div RR championship last? Or the NDCXL? or the Nottingham Track League? And how many Gloating Points do they have? NONE. At least Animal is prepared to have a go. See "Ashfield in the Pennines" thread.
Animal
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell hath no fury like a directeur sportif scorned! Laughing

What about Jon Hunt, junior 25 champion a few years back? He defected from Ashfield and came over to the Parrots!
TomcaT
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ray stuart wrote:
Another misinformed outsider I'm afraid. Sherwood won the Lighthouse last year. The year before it was won by Ashfield.

Sherwood won the LHT in 2003 and 2004:

I am always reading reports in the Acorn news of our guys in Open events, winning the team event or placing riders high in them.

But I do agree that we have not won much in terms of RR, but that is changing.....! Animal is currently writing a report on the strengths and weaknesses of the Ashfield squadra.... Shocked Laughing Laughing
Andrew Jackson
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copper man must be laughing his conkers off at this thread, what's wrong with cyclists? Sherwood are a great club and if you are a newbie or into TTs then it would be hard not to join if it's your local club. Great club runs with Capt Ed, club evening and weekend TTs AND some great riders. All clubs are different and its the difference that should be celebrated. I joined Ashfield because it suited me, not because they are better or bigger.

It's just a coincidence that they are Laughing Laughing
TW@

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ray stuart wrote:
And when did Sherwood win the Div RR championship last? Or the NDCXL? or the Nottingham Track League? And how many Gloating Points do they have? NONE. At least Animal is prepared to have a go. See "Ashfield in the Pennines" thread.

Sorry Ray, I didn't think we were talking about chipper races, my comment on the Coureurs was on a National level. So yes, I take it back, Ashfield are one of the best clubs in Ashfield
TW@

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Jackson wrote:
Copper man must be laughing his conkers off at this thread, what's wrong with cyclists?

Laughing Laughing I'm going to change my user name from TW@ to Troll.

I do like Ashfield actually, Andy Wilson used to be a good bloke to talk to in the bunch and his dad has patched me up on more than one occassion.

Paul Meeson once left Ashfield to join the Coureurs road team, then within a year his wife had triplets and his racing was finished. This is either (a) The Curse of Ashfield at its extreme, or (b) proof that riding for the Coureurs makes you more productive in the bedroom department.
legro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it true that Ashfield and Bradgate are merging to try and catch up with sherwood?

Fear leads to anger....Anger leads to Stress......Stress leads to Doobies...and Doobies leads to Twinkies

The spirit of Brian must live on
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andrew Jackson
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

legro wrote:
Is it true that Ashfield and Bradgate are merging to try and catch up with sherwood?

You're a very *CENSORED* man, very *CENSORED*. Laughing
legro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim told me to post it Wink

Fear leads to anger....Anger leads to Stress......Stress leads to Doobies...and Doobies leads to Twinkies

The spirit of Brian must live on
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TW@

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised
elaina

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

legro wrote:
Tim told me to post it Wink

Tw@ wrote:
Surprised

Fight Laughing
TomcaT
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Jackson wrote:
what's wrong with cyclists? Sherwood are a great club and if you are a newbie or into TTs then it would be hard not to join if it's your local club. Great club runs with Capt Ed, club evening and weekend TTs AND some great riders. All clubs are different and its the difference that should be celebrated. I joined Ashfield because it suited me, not because they are better or bigger.

True enough!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> East Midlands General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: