Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - David Millar?

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

David Millar?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will David Millar ride for a Protour Team in 2006?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 35 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 53

Flabio Chubbolinni
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: David Millar? Reply with quote

Just thinking that it's only 10 months till David Millar can race again. Has anyone seen him out "getting the miles in" ?

I think the best way for him to make a comeback would be the Hour record. We could all show our support for the guy by showing up and it would prove to any would be Team that he still has what it takes to be World Class!

Dean Tranter
Steve D-T

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My views on DM have been well documented - and moderated - on here before. Turn out for to see him do the hour for sure, but lets all turn our backs on him as he rides round. Liar & cheat - good riddance.
PNuT

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i spoke to him the other day...

http://www.pedalrevolution.co.uk
Lee
World Champ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PNuT wrote:
i spoke to him the other day...

Is he joining API and going for the BAR then? Wink
digger
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will David Millar ride for a Protour Team in 2006?

I hope so!

Digger
Roy Gardiner
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sXe wrote:
...Turn out for to see him do the hour for sure, but lets all turn our backs on him as he rides round. Liar & cheat - good riddance.
I don't know about you, but in my case if past misdeeds couldn't be paid for, underlined and finished with I'd be in a sorry state. I say let him back; he's no worse than a majority of his professional colleagues anyway.

"Everything in war is simple, but the simplest thing is difficult." Carl Von Clausewitz
LukePiewalker
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as Richard Viwank can still make a career on the back of professional cycling, David Millar is small beer.....
De Rosa
World Champ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the new rule was that after you come back from a doping offence you can't get onto a Pro Tour team for 2 years?
ajay
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Millar's exempt from that because he was caught before it came into effect??
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sXe wrote:
My views on DM have been well documented - and moderated - on here before. Turn out for to see him do the hour for sure, but lets all turn our backs on him as he rides round. Liar & cheat - good riddance.

Yeah, and what are your qualifications for your insight? You obviously have been racing mainland Europe and at David Millar, Robert Millar level as an amatuer and also on a team like cofidis where Vuelta organisers say they'll refuse the team without David Millar , you been in a Pro Tour team as well?

prat
bonger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough *CENSORED* use is very common at the highest level of the sport but please explain why someone that doesn't like or support this is a prat and why someone that thinks it's ok to cheat not a prat?
Lucho
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonger wrote:
Fair enough *CENSORED* use is very common at the highest level of the sport but please explain why someone that doesn't like or support this is a prat and why someone that thinks it's ok to cheat not a prat?

How about...HGH and EPO. Effective dope testing for these methods of doping was over a decade behind the start of use of them..and you are telling us that youths who graduate up through the amateur ranks, who forfeit their education, schooling, uni (that many of you did!!-the safe option!!) through to their mid 20s..in a sport where its curtains by early 30s for most...you are telling me they must stay clean when they, in a sport with huge $ winnings and in reality no dope testing for HGH and EPO, should stay clean?????? The lag between the science of testing and cheating is huge and you flog and hang them type folk are not looking at the facts

Last edited by Lucho on Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
bonger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the needles, HGH and EPO are fairly cheap and very easy to get hold of and use for anyone with a credit card, frigde and an address. It has got to be a lifetime ban for cheats.
And yes i am saying they should be forced to stay clean by much more severe punishment.

What's GHG?

Last edited by bonger on Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Emyr42
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe the manufacturers should be forced to create a test before the product is allowed to be sold... I'm sure the W.H.O. can do something about it.
bonger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emyr42 wrote:
maybe the manufacturers should be forced to create a test before the product is allowed to be sold... I'm sure the W.H.O. can do something about it.

That would be a harsh delay for people that need the medication for geunine reasons.
Lucho
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonger wrote:
All the needles, HGH and EPO are fairly cheap and very easy to get hold of and use for anyone with a credit card, frigde and an address. It has got to be a lifetime ban for cheats.
And yes i am saying they should be forced to stay clean by much more severe punishment.

What's GHG?

HGH?...anyway, how about looking at the facts and not the slip of a finger on the keyboard
bonger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, a couple of facts. *CENSORED* like HGH and EPO are fairly easy to get and are not that expensive but the punishment for using them is not very harsh. Is that a good thing or a bad thing.
digger
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonger wrote:
Ok, a couple of facts. *CENSORED* like HGH and EPO are fairly easy to get and are not that expensive but the punishment for using them is not very harsh. Is that a good thing or a bad thing.

Fort EPO was an expensive *CENSORED*. That the average pro or amature carn't really afford.
Lucho
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonger wrote:

What are your qualifications? I don't know what it is like to be at Pro Tour level but I have some idea of how hard it is to get there

As they are undetectable *CENSORED* and the riders have forfeited various things all of us/you do (uni/career path etc etc, safe safe, risk free !!!!!)...and they hit mid 20s with 5 years of earning potential......it is understandable but wrong to dope and should be punished with a 2 year ban followed by a life ban...but not the silly flog em, hang em stuff..
bonger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a wife or a family, i can't afford a car and i still live at home ALL because i love cycling and racing bikes.
Thank god i love the sport and what the sport is about as if i got on the HGH and EPO i would be at about at the level where i could fraud money from the industry and earn an ok living from racing bikes and therefore become part of why cycling as as popular as it could be. I am glad not everyone thinks like you.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: