Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Eastway Replacement

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Eastway Replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rammey Marsh or Hogs Hill?
Rammey Marsh
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Hogs Hill
88%
 88%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 35

Des

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Eastway Replacement Reply with quote

Informal vote of VR members, based on the discussions so far.

Note Posts deemed off topic or insulting etc will be deleted.
Dan Souf
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoggs Hill, purely, in my opinion, it would cater for all the aspects that current Eastway does without compromising any one discipline. Nuff said.
stretch armstrong
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never visited either site but purely on the basis of what i've read it has to be hogs hill.

I just hope the final decision takes into account the passionate feelings of the people who are actually going to use the damn place.

Putting the dross back in Clay Cross (RT)
Thomo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not honestly vote on this as I do not know all the facts. What has been written on here are not all the facts.

Paul
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomo wrote:
I could not honestly vote on this as I do not know all the facts. What has been written on here are not all the facts.

Paul

how do you know if you don't know what all the facts are ???

Thomo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stretch armstrong wrote:
Thomo wrote:

Paul
It is quite obvious that many of the facts are missing. Don't be a dummy and think for a minute eh? It has been mentioned that a great number of things are done in the background that don't come to light initially, and are not made public for a time because it's not the best thing to do. But that means not all the facts are publically known or published.

Based on what has been said so far, I would be happy with either site as both offer the facilities I could use.

Paul
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomo wrote:
stretch armstrong wrote:
Thomo wrote:

Paul
It is quite obvious that many of the facts are missing. Don't be a dummy and think for a minute eh? It has been mentioned that a great number of things are done in the background that don't come to light initially, and are not made public for a time because it's not the best thing to do. But that means not all the facts are publically known or published.

Based on what has been said so far, I would be happy with either site as both offer the facilities I could use.

Paul

If BC only presents half the facts or the bits it wants us to know then people can only base their opinions on this.

Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hogs Hill as its a multi-event facility. The fat boys will just have to lose weight.

I'm a qualified coach.
passia
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tory Tim wrote:
Hogs Hill as its a multi-event facility. The fat boys will just have to lose weight.

I never thought I'd agree with you Tim but, for once, I do. Ramney Marsh is about the size of a large carpark so if it is selected we may as well all meet up at some out of town superstore for a race.... at least we could do our shopping at the same time and there'd likely be less pollution and less chance of our bikes getting nicked.
Dan Souf
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

passia wrote:
and less chance of our bikes getting nicked.

Where did that come from?
- you don't do any sound arguments that you may have any favours by suddenly stating something like that, joke or no joke.
passia
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Souf wrote:
passia wrote:
and less chance of our bikes getting nicked.

Where did that come from?
- you don't do any sound arguments that you may have any favours by suddenly stating something like that, joke or no joke.

Well it was tongue in cheek but has truth to it too. You see the site at Ramney Marsh will have no perimeter fence & Lee Valley patrols report this area to be the worst for criminal damage and anti social behaviour. The EUG's document contains this information.

This would suggest that a superstore carpark would, indeed, be a safer bet where safety of bikes is concerned.
Zontor the Destroyer
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is interesting that hogs hill seems to be in favour, hope who ever represents us in the discission making takes this into account
Roy Gardiner
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomo wrote:
I've been mesmerised by the abuse on here over the last two weeks; I'm conceited enough to hope add some clarity -- I'm sure everyone won't be shy to point out if it fails.

In essence I believe it to be very simple.

All things being equal Hog Hill is without doubt the superior site in just about every imaginable aspect (if anyone disagrees, please say so). Most important of all is that there is enough space, which can never be the case at Rammey.

Butl things are not equal. It is necessary to get the correct funding, and as always I'm sure this is the key debating point. If this can be resolved, that ends it for me. I am sure everyone involved will be working hard to ensure this happens for the better site.

Then, continuity. My view is that HH is worth waiting for, if we have to; but we shouldn't have to.

So although, Paul, you might be happy with either there's no reason not to campaign for the better.

"Everything in war is simple, but the simplest thing is difficult." Carl Von Clausewitz
Bally
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI it is Hog Hill btw, not Hogs or Hoggs
"real class" - George Gilbert"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: