Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Did De Rosa succeed in the Etape Du Tour?

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Did De Rosa succeed in the Etape Du Tour?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did De Rosa succeed in the Etape Du Tour?
Yes
87%
 87%  [ 21 ]
No
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 24

Ventoux110700
E, Silver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

De Rosa wrote:

That was Pez who only started riding a bike about a year go.

Shocked Shocked
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paperazzi/sets/
kieran
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

De Rosa wrote:
Hi folks - I am back and thanks for your kind messages. As you will have gathered the event was pretty tough for me and I suspect loads of others. Funnily enough I think most would tell you the same - that the distance was OK and even the climbs were OK but the heat was absolutely murderous. I think everyone who I saw that was in trouble was all to do with the heat and we could all make excuses like saying "Well let's ride it on a better day for a better time"etc. But it got me thinking about the pros who ride the Tour - not the stars who get all the glory but the domestiques who have to do a day's work - for three weeks - and then get up the climbs like Alpe D'Huez and they will still do it in less than an hour regardless of the heat or rain etc. If I got one thing out of the ride yesterday it was to just slightly appreciate what the road pros put themselves through and the standard they must be at. So when I go and look at the stage results next week for the Alpe D'Huez stage I am going to look right down the result sheer for those coming in near the tail end and say as the French did yesterday "Chapeau!". And I'm going to look at bradley Wiggins and think to myself - how can a bloke be Olympic Pursuit Champion and even think about getting up climbs like that. I am going to be rooting for him whenever I see him on the telly. How about a few positive messages for him on VR as he is a bloody superstar and needs our support during what must be a terribly demanding three weeks.

PS I would have got the Alpe quicker but I had to stop for endless cups of tea with my fans in the final 3 kilometres Shocked . Wink And climbing out of Briancon at the short steep hill thanks to whoever from VR for shouting "Bloody hell - it's De Rosa! He's not packed yet. Come on De Rosa!" Laughing Laughing

that was me mate Very Happy just got back from a week in the alps Cool we didnt ride monday because of the etape. looked like you enjoyed that little climb in briancon after the izoard i was sat drinking le cafe thinking of you Laughing
Lee
World Champ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy,

Well done mate, I thought I could be slack on preperation but just 1500 miles training!!!!! Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Confused Confused

I just hope that this epic has dented that turn of speed of yours for the remaining FNTL's!!!! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: