Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Team DFL-Cyclingnews-Litespeed Rosta 2007

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Team DFL-Cyclingnews-Litespeed Rosta 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Could this squad ride a Belgium Classic?
Yes
68%
 68%  [ 32 ]
No
31%
 31%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 47

Zorro
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to be negative on this one but has Nico put pen to paper Question

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/dec06/dec27news
Molly
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not 100%? Could be a U-turn ahead.....?
coal miner
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That artice is very dated, was on procycling.com two weeks ago
staff
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nico has definately signed for DFL.
Lee
World Champ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dockeca wrote:
What a pity what started as a sensible discussion has descended into a slanging match by a few of the less gifted contributors.
DFL is a relatively new team and like all new teams has big ambitions. They have hired "names" as DS's to help with an entree into events, contracted a mix of riders, and are now about to start on another season. Doubtless there will be good and bad days, but the pointless criticism - none of it constructive - helps no-one.
If there is nothing positive to be said, best not to say it, unless you seriously want to hack off Nick Collins and/or Charlie Jackson and their like. Then perhaps you will have no teams to slag off - which will be yet another cause for moaning. Can we not just SUPPORT those with enough guts to put their heads over the parapet, for once, please?

This isn't meant to stir things up nor is it any way a criticism of either man (who to my mind should both be applauded for putting there money where there mouth is) but is something I've genuinely wondered about for sometime. Charlie Jackson is linked in manyways to the National Squad and GB teams are riding on the track (including those contracted to other teams - Paul Mannning at the last world cup) as Recycling teams in order for us to get more riders competing. Now that's a good thing, and it's clear Recycling and the National squad have got a mutually beneficial system working well particularly with the support and opportunities afforded to the younger riders. But why, on the face of it at least Is Nick Collins and DFL frozen out of the picture totally by BC. We have a british team based in Belgium with few british riders yet Manning and Clancy are funded by BC to race in Landonhoweveryouspellit-Colnago colours? Where is the sense of that? If the recycling and DFL plans mirrored each other in the long term then you could understand BC having to choose but on the face of it they don't yet there doesn't seem enough room for the teams to co-exist and work alongside BC. Sorry but I don't get it. Are DFL so oppossed to the track they don't want to loose a couple of (free?) riders for the admittedly important early season or would BC rather their funds go on promoting an obscure Belgium team rather than support the "other" brit team?
staff
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee, I have no opposition to the track at all. The programme complements DFLs needs. In fact we have jens Mouris in the squad, a Dutchman that could end up riding in the World Pursuit Championships in Dutch colours with the DFL logo on his kit. The main motivation of this project is to provide an opportunity for British riders and start to have some British success in this sport. Regarding BC I can understand their reticence with DFL, the sport has seen many teams start and fail and to be associated with a failing team would be bad press for BC. My goals are altruistic as can be judged by my financial and time input. The time is approaching for the talking to stop and the racing to start, then we can judge progress. I am a businessman and have brought a raft of 6 financial sponsors to my team, I have employed two green jersey holders, stage winners of the Tour de France and numerous classic winners as DS's to the team. I have the British national champion, a Finish national champion and a world track championship contender to complement a former pro Tour rider who has won a classic. Add to this some other British talent with the two Dan,s who have opportunity and Evan who I believe is an untapped talent, a special-ist climber in Juan Pablo and some solid Australians capable of working till they drop and you will find a well balanced team. Look at the programme and the level of races that we will be competing in and a strategy will be found. I watch the comments on this site with an open mind but remain fixed on the goals that I have set myself and in that I am comfortable. I look for support from those in the cycling fraternity in the UK but will go forward with or without them.
De Rosa
World Champ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

staff wrote:
Lee, I have no opposition to the track at all. The programme complements DFLs needs. In fact we have jens Mouris in the squad, a Dutchman that could end up riding in the World Pursuit Championships in Dutch colours with the DFL logo on his kit. The main motivation of this project is to provide an opportunity for British riders and start to have some British success in this sport. Regarding BC I can understand their reticence with DFL, the sport has seen many teams start and fail and to be associated with a failing team would be bad press for BC. My goals are altruistic as can be judged by my financial and time input. The time is approaching for the talking to stop and the racing to start, then we can judge progress. I am a businessman and have brought a raft of 6 financial sponsors to my team, I have employed two green jersey holders, stage winners of the Tour de France and numerous classic winners as DS's to the team. I have the British national champion, a Finish national champion and a world track championship contender to complement a former pro Tour rider who has won a classic. Add to this some other British talent with the two Dan,s who have opportunity and Evan who I believe is an untapped talent, a special-ist climber in Juan Pablo and some solid Australians capable of working till they drop and you will find a well balanced team. Look at the programme and the level of races that we will be competing in and a strategy will be found. I watch the comments on this site with an open mind but remain fixed on the goals that I have set myself and in that I am comfortable. I look for support from those in the cycling fraternity in the UK but will go forward with or without them.

Well I wish you the best of luck and I am sure there are many others that do as well!
George Minion
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

De Rosa wrote:
staff wrote:

Well I wish you the best of luck and I am sure there are many others that do as well!

Me too,good luck and remember you have a lot of us behind you.
When will we be able to show our support by buying and wearing DFL kit.
Flap

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kieran wrote:
why dont you all just wait and see how good these guys are instead of doubting them before they have even ridden a race!!
flap mattan was there at the end he did not sit behind a car for the whole race so id tend to say he was "pretty effin good"
at the end of the day boys these guys just want to do as best as they can which is a bit higher level than you lot sat here critisising them!
just get behind them and see how they go!

Klootzak !

Mattan won Wevelgem because of the motorised "assistance" .

Nobody suggested "the whole race" he took advantage in the final kilometres and profited from that, so don't start suggesting otherwise,
i was there.

Whether, i think, or believe that the DFL 2007 Team can start a Belgian classic (yes) or whether they can place riders in the top 10 (doubt that) is simply my opinion, and mine alone.

Good Luck to them, if they can keep "Disco" Mattan out of the nightclubs, & off the grog, then they are halfway there!!

And, just for the record, I am not "anti DFL" !!!!
orion 2
Cat 4 Groupie
Cat 4 Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Lets hope DFL Riders read this site !!!! Reply with quote

Come on lads so many people on here putting you down b4 youve turned a wheel for this new season, so put your best pedals forward and silence your critics. Happy New Year have a great season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Andy V
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/results.asp?Yr=2006&Mnth=12&ID=51617

First win of the season.
DNAse
E, Gold

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy V wrote:
http://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/results.asp?Yr=2006&Mnth=12&ID=51617

First win of the season.

...for bournemouth arrow cc, good for them.
Wink
coal miner
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mho wrote:
BrianS wrote:
mho wrote:
stalwart wrote:
Right.......2nd on stage of Tour of Langkawi, 2nd on ToB stage to Ivanov, 2nd in UK points race, winner Ryedale Premier, winner Colne Crit Series, 4th Commonwealth Points race, 3rd overall and stage win in Tour of Wellington...do u want me to go on??

In order - Early season training race, Boonen's pro training holiday, track,semi pro race, ?, track, off season back water (good ride though!).
In short very little of these in anyway show the capability to finish in a classic.

Best of luck to Evan so just to show I'm not being negative just realistic. If Brian thinks he is so good I will you a bet. Which is £500 donnation to Braveheart if Evan finishes a Belgian classic within th etime limit in the next two years. If he doesn't, in return I'd like a signed jersey (preferably motorola) from Brian.

Belgian Classic defined as
Paris Roubaix
Flanders
L-B-L
Gent Bubbelgum
Fleche
I'll throw in Amstel as a freebee.

Seems low risk to you Brian is it a deal?

Anyone else prepared to motivate the guy?

Deal

Doubt if the team will ride any of these this year or next. If registered in Belgium then there would be a better possibility.

Het Volk
K-B-K
E3

Hard races and semi classics. All prep races for the big ones. They should be riding them this year. Evan is not the best tactition but is very capable to follow. With Nico's guidance i'm sure he will benefit.

ok then lets make it a two level affair, £250 if he finishes within the time limit this year of any one of.
Het Volk
K-B-K
E3

and lets add semi classics
Paris - Brussels
Schelderprise

The £500 incentive stands.

The evidence is the result published on either Cyclingnews.com or Het Volk or UCI?. In the event of a dispute Andy V is arbiter.

I look forward to having to write a cheque and shaking you by the hand sometime.

did MHO ever write that £250 cheque???

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/apr07/scheldeprijs07/?id=results
mho
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I didn't but you are right - Evan finished Schelderprise, so fair doos where do I send the cheque Brian and who do I make it payable to?
mho
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheque in the post this morning.

WELL DONE EVAN.

BTW before I entered into this bet, Kate Cullen told me about the fund when she came on our clubrun and the thought entered my mind then to do something. The bet made it more interesting!!
Billy Boy
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair play mho.

"Eating is not for wimps" - coal miner

"most of us don't have your brilliance." - John McC
coal miner
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Fair play Mho

Doube or quits at Paris-Brussells????

No dont worry Even will be at tour of britian so your moneys safe Laughing
mho
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coal miner wrote:
Yes Fair play Mho

shame it does not come near Cardiff when I'm there we could have staged a photo then!

Maybe if you finish in the top 20 at PB I'll put my hand in my pocket again!
coal miner
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mho wrote:
coal miner wrote:
Yes Fair play Mho

shame it does not come near Cardiff when I'm there we could have staged a photo then!

Maybe if you finish in the top 20 at PB I'll put my hand in my pocket again!

Fortuntly I wont be riding PB as ill be at tob also
flat sprinters races are not my bag Razz
Molly
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the DFL take on tour issues?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: