Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - ARENT BC WONDERFUL

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

ARENT BC WONDERFUL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you believe in miracles
yes,impact that miracles have had on you
32%
 32%  [ 9 ]
no , miracles are not needed as i have BC
67%
 67%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 28

david123
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billynobrakes wrote:
david123 wrote:
Adam and the cAnts never did it for me ,kanu

binobr is copying a new artform

Lee from ilch,if you cant go with it go without

At the risk of being further accused of trying to start my own movement:

.......... and /or Clever

Anger management maybe
tommo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billynobrakes wrote:
david123 wrote:
Adam and the cAnts never did it for me ,kanu

binobr is copying a new artform

Lee from ilch,if you cant go with it go without

At the risk of being further accused of trying to start my own movement:

.......... and /or Clever
Well done david123 Cool keep up the good work ..and btw ignore Billyboll0[kscakes he's a little dull and just follows the morons i err mean crowd on here F * $ Wink
Sir Lord Tommo of Clay cross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
david123
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Tommo I havent apologised to the pop eyed pidgen
tommo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david123 wrote:
But Tommo I havent apologised to the pop eyed pidgen
Who cares i have 7 bottles of Blue nun in front of me ..hic now i have 6 Cool
Sir Lord Tommo of Clay cross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Billynobrakes
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommo wrote:
Well done david123 keep up the good work ..and btw ignore Billyboll0[kscakes he's a little dull and just follows the morons i err mean crowd on here F * $

I'm only going to say this once and want to make it very clear - I have never, ever felated Tony Bell Laughing
I saw Elvis
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radio 5 live tonight had an interview with a bloke from EUG (can't remember his name), he went the whole interview without once slagging off BC or it's off icials, which I thought was mandatory when talking about Eastway. Confused
I didn't hear all the interview as I had to wind down the window to abuse a BMW driver, but I was impressed with what I did hear.
--Henri Desgrange, 1902
ldncycle
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would have been plurien you heard.
mho
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ldncycle wrote:

glad to hear he kept to the subject at hand in terms of facts and didn't get parochial.
david123
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moo, cow on earth did you get back in here ,i thought we fixed the fence you were sitting on
I saw Elvis
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ldncycle wrote:

Ok, thought he was good, made the case which was we had the great facility that was well used, served the community and supported a successful Olympic sport and then along comes the Olympics and now we've got nothing.
--Henri Desgrange, 1902
KJ
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Elvis wrote:
ldncycle wrote:

Ok, thought he was good, made the case which was we had the great facility that was well used, served the community and supported a successful Olympic sport and then along comes the Olympics and now we've got nothing.

Question
Des

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At hte moment this is absolutely correct KJ. Eastway is closed - Interim and Hog Hill not yet open.
mr celery
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJ wrote:
I saw Elvis wrote:
ldncycle wrote:

Question

Not sure why you're persisting with this stance, KJ. Last year, I could race at Eastway five times a week if I chose to. This year, I can't, and nothing has been put in place to replace the facility. It really is that simple.
Sure, I can ride all over London or get in my car and sit in a traffic jam for an hour or two whilst seeking out alternatives, so for me it's not such a massive blow, but what do the generation of riders that should be competing in 2012 do? The loss of Eastway leaves a massive hole where once stood the perfect place for the young riders of London to learn bunch riding and off-road skills.
mho
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Des wrote:
At hte moment this is absolutely correct KJ. Eastway is closed - Interim and Hog Hill not yet open.
but the dock is coming see the Royal docks thread for the latest.

It seems to me things are moving in the right direction. Well done BC.
KJ
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr celery wrote:
KJ wrote:
I saw Elvis wrote:
ldncycle wrote:

Question

Not sure why you're persisting with this stance, KJ. Last year, I could race at Eastway five times a week if I chose to. This year, I can't, and nothing has been put in place to replace the facility. It really is that simple.
Sure, I can ride all over London or get in my car and sit in a traffic jam for an hour or two whilst seeking out alternatives, so for me it's not such a massive blow, but what do the generation of riders that should be competing in 2012 do? The loss of Eastway leaves a massive hole where once stood the perfect place for the young riders of London to learn bunch riding and off-road skills.

You know twice in recent years a facility in the East Midlands which serves a large geographical area of cyclists had to cease running. Nothing was put in the area to replace it but work continued both locally and by BC to locate funding and work with Local Authorities until the facility was refurbished and up and running again. Sure we were pretty fed up that there was a gap in provision and that in order to train and race even longer journeys had to be made but I don't ever remember the sort of smear campaign that has been in effect over Eastway. Young cyclists were probably lost in the interim of loss of facility here but some local provisions were sought and found.

Why am I persisting with this stance. I have, no I had, every sympathy with the plight of the Eastway users. I would have put every effort into lobbying in support , something I'm really quite good at, but I have been horrified by the attitude and scathing attacks not just on BC but on individuals within that organisation on the various forums.

So in short I simply don't like the attitude of the Eastway Group. I care deeply about my sport and the people who run it. They've worked long and hard to bring the sport to the level it's now at and I am immensely proud to have been associated with them.

Last edited by KJ on Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Des

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJ,

my views are my own - not those of the EUG (although there is a lot of common ground) where have I attacked BC or their officials?
KJ
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Des wrote:
KJ,

my views are my own - not those of the EUG (although there is a lot of common ground) where have I attacked BC or their *CENSORED*?

and Des, Mr Celery, Roy G, I really sympathise with the problems that you now have in London. However the people who are representing your case in the media are launching attacks on both the governing body and individuals within it. Public attacks.

Perhaps there should be more consensus amongst the EUG as to the way in which lobbying is conducted? Is their campaign conducted in a way you are happy with?
ldncycle
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you have a problem with the delivery of the EUG's message so try and critique the issues regarding the Eastway interim and legacy provision?

BC has done good work on a range of projects around the country. Regarding Eastway however, they have been lacking. No doubt about that.
david123
E, Silver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI JK,no Im not saying hello it my alfabet practice,do you really think we would say any of the stuff we have if they had any idea what they were doing or if they ever told us what they thought they were doing,you dont have to be a genius to see that an idiot mixing the ingredients with a dice as negotiater would have done better.I do what I want,nobody tells me what to do, Pleurien is his own man ,we all are ,we have some very eloquent speakers .When I sniff the stench of lies ,deceit,obfuscation and the other fave terms of the diatribest I couldnt give a toss what hurt they feel or suffer with regard to us telling them they are up to no good.It was interesting to see an elected member of the London assembly saying everything that we have said to Mr Higgins of the LDA/ODA? and to find that he was not in full control of the facts as he thought we still had a large area 3 to 4 times the size of what the drawings say we have.It gets more interesting by the mutine .By the way the idea that this is a smear campaign is funny,smears are related to untruths of which we dont participate ,calling someone by the BeeGees original name doesnt bother me at all,you could end up smearing us by insisting on that approach.They demolish us and they/you think I will be nice about it,no chance now or ever.You liking me or us doesnt interest me or if I dare speak for a group I dont represent,us.

Moo is on/at the ball but the glass slipper may not fit,Albert Dock is gone ,no racing there,its amazing having your finger on the pulse,it is funny telling someone that it just isnt true.Im so popular with BC that they will probably open AD just to spite me.It is possible some children will use it for training but thats all

Mr Celery,your vegetable state doesnt identify you clearly but the clarity in what you say says your eating your greens(canibal)

On the subject of canibals ,who was the best rider ever to race Eastway?
david123
E, Silver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using my handlebars today but was unable to let go .I scanned this page and I able to say"LOOK NO HANS"

If anyone can tell me what it is upset him it would be helpful as I will use it again tomorrow
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: