Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Duffer's kangaroo court

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Duffer's kangaroo court
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

duffer's kangaroo court
duffer's in?
25%
 25%  [ 21 ]
duffer's out?
74%
 74%  [ 60 ]
Total Votes : 81

Lee Pover
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommo wrote:
Frank Zappa wrote:
Although i still like DD he shouldn't be the main commentator these days, maybe he should be in the background a bit more like Kelly. They could wheel him out on occasion to comment on the local cuisine. Smile
Ive just mentioned the fact that he is in the background , he dosent do the Tour or the Giro or the classics F * S Rolling Eyes

I Meant the races he does work on he shouldn't be the main commentator, he should have a Kelly type of role and not be on the mike all the time.
Craig B
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full respect to d u f f e r s, he's a really nice bloke and loaned me a set of c u f f l i n k s at the Rayner dinner a few years back, but, he's really getting on my opps lately. He needs to stop repeating himself, stick to the action or at least stick to talking about cycling and get a little more knowledgable on the tech side.
Wozza
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Duffer's kangaroo court Reply with quote

karlos wrote:
ok folks, its time to cast your vote on the future of eurosports ageing commentator? have you also (too as well) had enough of this sherbet lemon sucking nincompoop? or is he the best thing since sliced bread? also, did anyone notice that yesterday (monday) he hadn't a clue who'd won the bunch sprint and he thought the mountains points graphic was a graphic of the french riders including that well known french rider wim van huffel. heaven help us! (maybe mr tom could put in a good word)

Rolling Eyes Yep and was thinking of putting this exact type thread up Sad . Used to love duffers when i first properly got into the Tour in late 90's( Confused ) but to not even know the winner of the stage Mad . I think he could be doing a little cuisinery spot or summat on each stage of the tour like channel four used to do but DH is the new voice of cycling and he is soo good, he calls things and the action as it springs to my mind and that is a very good commentator Very Happy
tommo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You bunch of self righteous benders ..i bet if you all met him in the flesh you'd tell him how good a job he was doing and that he should stay with Eurosport..i just hope he dosent come on Veloriders because if he does i'm sure you've all hurt the poor bloke with your negative comments..

But if you do D u f f e r s i think you do a great job and your style of commentating is unique and entertaining ..and i like it so keep up the good work Cool
Sir Lord Tommo of Clay cross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
harry g flatters
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oddly, when harmon mixes up riders, mis reads races, etc etc people do not start threads on velo riders pointing this out.

is this because if they do, harmon will personally beat down on them like the bit ches that they are?

hm, kangaroo court indeed.
irishdave
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommo you sound angry, do you need a hug??? Laughing

i think everyone should be allowed to state what they think about the duffman without fear of being lambasted as bender for saying it..........come on i ll hug you!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

i like him as he is eccentric and interesting and most cyclists are complete non entities when it comes to personality so that is good for us fans but if you were just tuning in it could be a bit off putting!!!! but you can only get it wrong so many times and duffman has mde a few recently........ duffman and kelly are a decent combo though!!!!!!
JONNO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harry g flatters wrote:
oddly, when harmon mixes up riders, mis reads races, etc etc people do not start threads on velo riders pointing this out.

is this because if they do, harmon will personally beat down on them like the bit ches that they are?

hm, kangaroo court indeed.

Possibly because Harmon doesn't repeat himself continuously, only makes the odd mistaken identity, which can be forgiven by either of them bearing in mind the helmets and glasses mean you need to recognise their style of riding , and generally sticks to the event in question. I doubt if anybody on here wishes Duf£ers the slightest ill will, but as has been suggested earlier perhaps he should bow out gracefully as his commentary appears to me more and more eccentric.
I was being chased by a police dog last week, and made the mistake of trying to escape through a little tunnel, over a see-saw and through a hoop of fire. It finally caught me as I was weaving in and out of some sticks.
tommo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

irishdave wrote:
tommo you sound angry, do you need a hug??? Laughing

i think everyone should be allowed to state what they think about the duffman without fear of being lambasted as bender for saying it..........come on i ll hug you!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

i like him as he is eccentric and interesting and most cyclists are complete non entities when it comes to personality so that is good for us fans but if you were just tuning in it could be a bit off putting!!!! but you can only get it wrong so many times and duffman has mde a few recently........ duffman and kelly are a decent combo though!!!!!!
No fe[k off you southern tw.@t Wink Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
benlane
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffers was quite funny today when Moreau got away and he was remarking that the other French DS's would not be in a hurry to chase him down. I was guffawing away when he put on that stereotypical
French accent, let out a couple of "haw-hee, haw-hee" type French laughs and said "maintenant, maintenant".

He did say "Says he tapping the side of his nose" again though!
David E.
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody should turn his face to the wall Very Happy

as the legend himself often says.
BrianS
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffers appeals to the masses not to all the majority of idiots on this forum. Cool

From experience it is not easy to do what he does. Respect where respect is due!

Long live the Dufferism's!!!!! Laughing
karlos
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaff s galore 'says he tapping the side of his nose'.. yeh i'm warming to him again now...that impression of a french DS had me in stitches...i reckon he'd been sampling the local vino yesterday.. Also, calling Redondo a cheat for sitting in Moreaus wheel when Moreau was going like a train, was another class comment. i'm actually looking forward to hearing todays commentary and i wonder how many times he thinks that the rider 300m out is gonna smash the leaders time Embarassed 'join us tomorrow dear viewer to find out'
cyclingwidow
Cat 4 Groupie
Cat 4 Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes he makes cycling more accessible to those who aren't wannabe pro riders themselves (no offense) Wink and is very likable, and pronounces Thor Hushovd's name beautifully... Hushvod AHAHHAHA

Keep him for the mass appeal but team him with somebody else to keep the [ahem] real fans happy!

Plus some of us like to hear about cheese and wine while we take in the cycling...
Craig B
E, Silver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doubt he'd still be in a job if he was commentating on football or tennis. I don't want to learn about the local cheese, let's be honest, he misses loads of the action, he gets loads of riders names wrong, even after the result's listed on the screen, fair enough he's a nice bloke and very likeable and eccentric, none of that makes him a good commentator.
stick him back in the dungeon producing stats every now and again.
Megman
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianS wrote:
*CENSORED* appeals to the masses not to all the majority of idiots on this forum. Cool

From experience it is not easy to do what he does. Respect where respect is due!

Long live the *CENSORED*'s!!!!! Laughing
Assuming that *CENSORED* is DD then you are very wrong. When I watching some cycling on Eurosport and my wife, some family member or a friend is watching too, they usually ask me "who is that idiot"

He is the worst person to get someone, who might be watching the ES coverage whilst waiting for the tennis to start or whatever, interested in the sport.
Megman
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He just claimed that he doesn't fancy Menchov's chances on Ventoux tomorrow. Maybe he should check last years Dauphine result. Rolling Eyes
Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a million times better than Hugh Porter

I'm a qualified coach.
tommo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megman wrote:
He just claimed that he doesn't fancy Menchov's chances on Ventoux tomorrow. Maybe he should check last years Dauphine result. Rolling Eyes
So what maybe Menchov's not on form you thick B@stard F * S .. Wink

id just like to say well done David i enjoyed your commentary again today ..keep up the good work and take no notice of the sad no marks on here that havent got anything better to do with there lives apart from criticse your unusual but brilliant style Wink Cool
Cary de Weigh
E, Silver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommo wrote:
Megman wrote:

id just like to say well done David i enjoyed your commentary again today ..keep up the good work and take no notice of the sad no marks on here that havent got anything better to do with there lives apart from criticse your unusual but brilliant style Wink Cool

Are you mad or just taking the pi$$?!
Megman
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cary de Weigh wrote:
tommo wrote:
Megman wrote:

Are you mad or just taking the pi$$?!
Its OK he put in a Wink so he is not really being abusive Rolling Eyes

Menchov had just come 5th in the TT, and is clearly on form. DD is was convinced that Cadel will win now as he is a much better climber than Vino or Menchov.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: