Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Duffer's kangaroo court

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Duffer's kangaroo court
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

duffer's kangaroo court
duffer's in?
25%
 25%  [ 21 ]
duffer's out?
74%
 74%  [ 60 ]
Total Votes : 81

DanTom
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Credit to him for correcting himself but the best bit during yesterday's coverage was his reference to ' Bradley Millar'. Priceless! Very Happy
Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say get rid of him; my girlfriend took all of about 30 seconds of her first "watching cycling on telly" experience to work out that DD is as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.
wirralwheeler
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianS wrote:
*CENSORED* appeals to the masses not to all the majority of idiots on this forum. Cool

From experience it is not easy to do what he does. Respect where respect is due!

Long live the *CENSORED*'s!!!!! Laughing

The masses are probably like DD and know FA about the current scene. Like most people on here who have done some racing, we can see whats going on, we just need a lucid commentary from some one with a bit of appreciation for whats going on, we can all read the graphics, we can see the action, most of us are not idiots. get shut of DD, read the current poll results, respect is not due!!

Never sacrifice style for speed!!
tis
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a bit crap when it comes to whats actually happening on screen but the fact that were able to tell where he screws up makes it pretty obvious that we don't need commentators at all. It'd be boring without him

I love that he gets it wrong so often, its usually mildly amusing and lets be honest on a lot of flat stages there isn't usually all that much to commentate on. His rambling tangents are quality Smile
Billy Boy
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Duffers is like Wogan at the Eurovision song contest - priceless. I find his inane ramblings entertaining, rarely accurate but always amusing.

What you want is Duffers for the long flat sections of races where nothing happens for hours on end, then wheel Harmon and Kelly in for the finale, with Brian S making observations and interviewing riders while hanging off the back of a moto. Cool

"Eating is not for wimps" - coal miner

"most of us don't have your brilliance." - John McC
benlane
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone wuld deny Duffers is entertaining. Some of his stuff in the Dauphine has been sheer comedy, patricularly the French DS impersonation. He should get himself up before Cowell on Britain's got talent.

When Duffers commentates I find myself looking forward to his *CENSORED* or ramblings.

It's also true that it would be very difficult to comment purely on the action for 2 hours at a time.
mattr
World Champ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harry g flatters wrote:
oddly, when harmon mixes up riders, mis reads races, etc etc people do not start threads on velo riders pointing this out.

is this because if they do, harmon will personally beat down on them like the bit ches that they are?

hm, kangaroo court indeed.

erm, yes they do.
And harmon comes on here and defends himself.

Doesn't have to do it that often tho, du££ers shortcomings would probably crash the server........... it is time for him to move to a more 'comment of the day/studio/sum up the day role' rather than being up at the pointy end of the business.
tommo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker wrote:
I say get rid of him; my girlfriend took all of about 30 seconds of her first "watching cycling on telly" experience to work out that DD is as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.
Tosspot Cool why dont you and yer girlfriend go and watch Friends then or s e x in the city i'm sure thats more your cup of tea F * S Wink
Sir Lord Tommo of Clay cross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cary de Weigh
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with the line that DD is harmless and amusing. I know I am not alone in being unable to listen to Eurosport when he is on. It takes me a 10 seconds before I have to shout 'shut the f*** up' and another 10 before I switch off the sound.

DD is positively damaging to the image of cycling on TV and should do the honourable thing and resign.
tommo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cary de Weigh wrote:
I disagree with the line that DD is harmless and amusing. I know I am not alone in being unable to listen to Eurosport when he is on. It takes me a 10 seconds before I have to shout 'shut the f*** up' and another 10 before I switch off the sound.

DD is positively damaging to the image of cycling on TV and should do the honourable thing and resign.
Christ you are Mental Confused

Go and have a nice cup of hebal tea- p'haps camomile it might calm you down you nutter Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dan Souf
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cary de Weigh wrote:

Get a grip, why don't we just go the whole hog & put out a fatwa on him. Rolling Eyes
martin smith
World Champ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Souf wrote:
Cary de Weigh wrote:

Get a grip, why don't we just go the whole hog & put out a fatwa on him. Rolling Eyes

an interesting juxtaposition of phrases Laughing Wink
Cary de Weigh
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Souf wrote:

Don't be stupid. I don't wish the man harm, I just want him to retire and let someone with the talent to do the job get the opportunity to replace him.

The poll results speak for themselves. Most people here think he is rubbish at his job.
Dan Souf
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"an interesting juxtaposition of phrases"

Wink
tommo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cary de Weigh wrote:
Dan Souf wrote:

Don't be stupid. I don't wish the man harm, I just want him to retire and let someone with the talent to do the job get the opportunity to replace him.

The poll results speak for themselves. Most people here think he is rubbish at his job.
I bet if you met him in the flesh yo'ud be the first one to tell him that he was doing an excellent job and to never consider leaving Eurosport F * S Wink ...I think i win again Cool
Hans Datdodishes
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommo wrote:
Tucker wrote:
Tosspot Cool why dont you and yer girlfriend go and watch Friends then or s e x in the city i'm sure thats more your cup of tea F * S Wink

Tommo used to be captain of the Oxford Debating Society you know

I'm a qualified coach.
DanTom
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shut yer gobs yer moanin' t w ats Wink Be thankful there's so much bike racing on the box at all in the current climate ; i remember when we had to make do with Dickie Davies's Sat pm World of Sport wiv 10 mins of theTdF inbetween rallycross and the wrestling Very Happy
Dan Souf
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What were those bloody women in the background typing?
tommo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanTom wrote:
Shut yer gobs yer moanin' t w ats Wink Be thankful there's so much bike racing on the box at all in the current climate ; i remember when we had to make do with Dickie Davies's Sat pm World of Sport wiv 10 mins of theTdF inbetween rallycross and the wrestling Very Happy
Thats exactly the message ive been trying to put across F F S well done Cool
SteveAS
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been refusing to sign up for a Sky package for ages, but this talk of how bad dufferdill is really warrants an initial subscription at least Embarassed .

Plus the fact that sky are giving away sky plus boxes for free to new customers from 1st July. Wink

If he's as bad as you all say then I really pray that he doesn't commentate for the tour when its in london as thats gonna be the prime time when we get max viewing figures out of the uk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: