Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Levi Leipheimer or Cadel Evans - Wheel Sucking Worlds

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Levi Leipheimer or Cadel Evans - Wheel Sucking Worlds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who sucks the most wheel? Cadel of Levi? You decide!
Levi
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Cadel
31%
 31%  [ 11 ]
Both have never seen the front, so it's a tie.
57%
 57%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 35

Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Levi Leipheimer or Cadel Evans - Wheel Sucking Worlds Reply with quote

IYCBA, obviously.
DNAse
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why no scouse riders in the wheel sucking worlds? Laughing
Tony Bell
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DNAse wrote:
Why no scouse riders in the wheel sucking worlds? Laughing

Oooh! Controversial. Smile But surely you mean 'Liverpool Mercury' riders, as opposed to just 'scouse' riders?
Fuse lit, retires to safe distance...
ajay
E, Silver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely wheel-sucking's not too bad if you're just not good enough? it's not like they sat on for 200k then jumped with 1 to go.
Why is ok for sprinters to do it?
Perhaps they know their limitations and are just playing to their (limited) strengths?
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the point of either of them. Possibly the dullest riders in the peloton today.
Patrick
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobis wrote:
I don't see the point of either of them. Possibly the dullest riders in the peloton today.

haha, I agree.
Dr RosenRosen
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair to Levi, today he didn't have to ride at front. Had George in the early break and then Contador went with Moreau, therefore he could follow. called a team sport.

However, for Evans, his team leader was in the position of being HD, so the little shiite should have least done 1 turn
Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajay wrote:
Surely wheel-sucking's not too bad if you're just not good enough? it's not like they sat on for 200k then jumped with 1 to go.
Why is ok for sprinters to do it?
Perhaps they know their limitations and are just playing to their (limited) strengths?

Hmmm, interesting. I guess its more acceptable for sprinters because they have specific skills which make the last 3k of a flat stage absolutely brilliant. We know and accept this. In the mountains we want to see glorious attacking riding, so when Mr Evans or Mr Leipheimer not only avoid this at all costs, but prevent others from doing it, it makes me for one angry. But I see your point.
Des

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Evans win or place on a stage last year (maybe the year before) after a solo break in the mountains?

Remember its a 3 week race and he admitted to not having th elegs to push any harder today.
Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Des wrote:
Didn't Evans win or place on a stage last year (maybe the year before) after a solo break in the mountains?

Remember its a 3 week race and he admitted to not having th elegs to push any harder today.

Yeah, but I have a short memory and also for no good reason don't like him, so I'm very much just using this as an excuse to have a go. Relieves stress before Monday morning - just try it!
Megman
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Des wrote:

2 years ago. Got him in the top 10. Small group, not solo, but he did most of the work to ensure the gap.
Billy Boy
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker wrote:
Des wrote:

Yeah, but I have a short memory and also for no good reason don't like him, so I'm very much just using this as an excuse to have a go. Relieves stress before Monday morning - just try it!

Stress? What's that?

"Eating is not for wimps" - coal miner

"most of us don't have your brilliance." - John McC
special guest star
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker wrote:
Des wrote:

i heard off this guy in his home town he's well known for stealing puppies from little kids and turning them into mittens which he sells to the inuit mafia
Roy Gardiner
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker wrote:
Des wrote:

Very Happy Fair enough.

I don't see any reason to dislike either of them; I reckon they're riding at their limits and their only chance of high glory is if the top ten fall off.

They're actually a bit unfortunate; not good enough to dominate, too good to get in a 'lucky' break.

"Everything in war is simple, but the simplest thing is difficult." Carl Von Clausewitz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: