Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Was Indurain doped...

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Was Indurain doped...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think Indurains was doped.....
Without a doubt - he was so phick he would never know what they were pumping him with......
80%
 80%  [ 40 ]
No - he was just a physical phenomenom bought on slowly by Echavarri (sp..)
20%
 20%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 50

martin smith
World Champ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baz wrote:
I used to know a girl with a big pair of lungs, she would do a turn on the front, but never won a race. Wink

she never came first then?
Billy Boy
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard Peel wrote:
Des wrote:
So still no conclusive proof then Howard?

Well, my eyes tell me that Indurain was built like brick out-house compared to Merckx. If I were you I would pm Martin Smith pretty sharpish for a professional consultation!

Des wrote:
Remind me which rider was convicted of doping again?

I thought the issue was which rider benefited from the use of EPO...

I remember seeing Indurain in 94 in the rider's village, and my biggest observation was how lean he was.

I also recall reading that for the Columbia world's he was 69kg. Pretty light for a guy of 6'2"...

"Eating is not for wimps" - coal miner

"most of us don't have your brilliance." - John McC
Rake
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is easy to go with the flow and suggest that he must have d o p e d because everybody else was at the time, but I honestly don't think he did. I think he simply mastered playing to his strengths - cracking time triallist, okay in the mountains, and had a team of mountaineers to pull him through.

Had he been on the juice I think you may have seen a more flamboyant side to him - i.e. more attacking style. He didn't do this and the reason I don't think he did was because he was at his limit.

The team plans put in place by Ecavarri were the template for the Armstrong years - except that he went further by turning the screw as well coming onto the last climb and attacking the opposition. Indurain couldn't and didn't.
Fergus
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Was Indurain doped... Reply with quote

Rich Hill wrote:
What do you think?

I would guess he must have doped, 7 grand tour wins in 5 years, plus a metamorphisis from a non climber in 1987-88. He put it down to weight loss at the time...but the Festina and Puerto stuff shows we can´t trust any of them
Rich Hill
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Was Indurain doped... Reply with quote

Fergus wrote:
Rich Hill wrote:
What do you think?

I would guess he must have doped, 7 grand tour wins in 5 years, plus a metamorphisis from a non climber in 1987-88. He put it down to weight loss at the time...but the Festina and Puerto stuff shows we can´t trust any of them

Fergus - you fool - READ THE TITLE - INDURAIN - NOT ARMSTRONG...

sorry for shouting - just tired and still got - sh 1 t to do... Wink
Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Was Indurain doped... Reply with quote

Rich Hill wrote:
Fergus wrote:
Rich Hill wrote:
What do you think?

Um, Armstong did not win 7 GTs in 5 years. And I'm not sure about his climbing ability circa 1988, but I suspect he was still a triathlete then... Wink
Fergus
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Was Indurain doped... Reply with quote

Rich Hill wrote:
Fergus wrote:
Rich Hill wrote:
What do you think?

Smile I´m confused Rich...well...it applied to both of them eh. No probs, I feel like shouting sometimes too
Rich Hill
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Was Indurain doped... Reply with quote

[quote="Fergus]
Smile I´m confused Rich...well...it applied to both of them eh. No probs, I feel like shouting sometimes too[/quote]

No problem Fergus - I am more often than not in that state! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: