Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Riding after a snip

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Riding after a snip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Health & Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eastway82
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Riding after a snip Reply with quote

Thinking of getting the old tubes tied. Any advice on how long before I can comfortably start training again?
Roy Gardiner
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Riding after a snip Reply with quote

eastway82 wrote:
Thinking of getting the old tubes tied. Any advice on how long before I can comfortably start training again?
When you feel ready, maybe a couple of weeks. You should have a 'wound' the size of a paper cut with one stitch, if that.

DO NOT refer to the pain or discomfort to any mother. Trust me on that one if you value your... err... whatever.

"Everything in war is simple, but the simplest thing is difficult." Carl Von Clausewitz
KJ
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Riding after a snip Reply with quote

Roy Gardiner wrote:
eastway82 wrote:
When you feel ready, maybe a couple of weeks. You should have a 'wound' the size of a paper cut with one stitch, if that.

DO NOT refer to the pain or discomfort to any mother. Trust me on that one if you value your... err... whatever.

The rest of your bits Smile

Ex hubby was riding a few miles to work and back about 5 days after the snip.
Roy Gardiner
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to follow on, best thing you can do. No pills for her or if not that then no more 'contraptions'. Liberating.

"Everything in war is simple, but the simplest thing is difficult." Carl Von Clausewitz
Ed2001
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy Gardiner wrote:
Just to follow on, best thing you can do. No pills for her or if not that then no more 'contraptions'. Liberating.

+1 brings spontaneity back to your *CENSORED* life, great fun Very Happy
eastway82
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have had it done years ago. Come to think of it, I should have had it done when I was about 16 - always hated kids, even when I was one.
Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thinking about getting a beaker of little soldiers into the freezer and getting it done myself - condoms are much like bike helmets, in that you have to pay money for something you really don't want.
Chrissylaa
E, Gold

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went for a nice mountain bike ride along the canalside about three days after my op.

Not recommended!!!

These guys who say i had the snip at lunchtime and was weightlifting in the afternoon are full of S H I T .

Takes about three months until the blood from the vas deferens fully subsides!!!

Train after about two weeks and you should be ok unless you are a track sprinter.
Legs
E, Gold

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy Gardiner wrote:

Does it make a vas deferens to your sex life?
eastway82
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legs wrote:

Does it make a vas deferens to your sex life?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Just found out it's virtually impossible to get a snip done in France...
Will have to come back to UK and get it done privately.
Actually, I was hoping it would be reasonably private anyway, not out in the corridor or something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Health & Fitness All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: