Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Sacro Illiac Joint

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Sacro Illiac Joint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Health & Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grahamn
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Sacro Illiac Joint Reply with quote

anyone else suffered from Sacro Illiac joint problems

I`ve had the x-ray , the physio , the core exercises , and am waiting on an MRI scan and an appointment with a biomechanics expert , basically a podiatrist I believe , though i`ve seen a podiatrist but I`ve been referred

Have had it since last Christmas and it`s not showing any signs of easing.

curious to know of any other sufferers as I`ve yet to find anyone

Thanks
Tom Butcher
E, Silver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of times I've had lower back pain which the sports therapist said was due to the SI joint. First one was after driving back from Normandy brought on by sitting in one position for hours on end - the second was teaching my son to ride a bike running alongside him leaning to one side for several miles. Both times one session of manipulation and massage brought instant relief though.
ColT
E, Gold

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, bu66er me.

After all these years, now I know what Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five were singing about in 'The Message.'

"Got a bum education, double-digit inflation
I can't take the train to the job, there's a strike at the station
Neon King Kong standin' on my back
Can't stop to turn around, broke my sacrophiliac
A mid-ranged migraine, cancered membrane
Sometimes I think I'm going insane, I swear I might hijack a plane"

etc....

Every day's a school day.

http://fiftyyearsandcounting.wordpress.com/
julianbramley
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had physio, even tried pilates, eventually sorted out by a chiropractor, was sceptical at first but I suppose the proof is in the pudding, touch wood I'm ok now, and if I have a bit of a relapse he soon sorts me out.
cjdjustride
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: SIJ Reply with quote

Relapses are good news for chiropractor business. Rather than wait for a relapse get yourself to a good therapist who may well be able to pinpoint the inherent cause and give advice on how to address it.If that is unsuccessful then an MRI scan could be your answer.
SIJ problem causes can include leg length discrepancy, postural issues, hormonal changes in pregnancy (!) and, more seriously, ankylosing spondylitis affecting spinal ligaments.
Broken Bones
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had it really bad for years, but was brought on by pregnancy Surprised It did take years to go away....physio made it much much worse! Chiropractor sorted it for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Health & Fitness All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: