Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Health & Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eastway82
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Reply with quote

I've got it. Crying or Very sad My carp funnel is knackered.
Actually had it for ages but finally officially tested and diagnosed. Daftly, only in the left wrist, while the right (which has been repeatedly broken and bashed) is fine.
Will almost certainly have to have the operation - anyone on here had it done? Successful? How long to recover?
shooter560
Cat 2 Groupie
Cat 2 Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prob the reason your right isn't an issue is due to the breaks more than anything else.

I've had my left one done about 6 years ago, all under local, within a week I was using my hand for all but heavy work, though avoiding direct pressure on the base of the hand, 2 weeks and I was 90% sorted, 1 month and I never knew it'd been done other than the scar and not having my hand go numb.
elaina

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just had my right hand done - left one also needs doing but not got a date for it yet.

Operation was under a general three weeks ago. Stitches were removed after 2 weeks. Scar is healing nicely but I still have to be careful how I do things or what position my hand is in for carrying things.

Also had to have an epicondylectomy - which is where they remove the epicondyle from your elbow. Had this removed as I was having problems with my ring finger and little finger - not associated with carpal tunnel but with the medial nerve being trapped. Arm is still bruised and occassionaly sore and certain tasks are difficult to do.

Hopefully the ops will have worked.
eastway82
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks peeps.
Will have to try and find a suitable time to get it done - trouble is work involves riding motorbikes, and I'm self-employed, so it's a bit tricky to find time to get it done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Health & Fitness All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: