Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - I know different

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

I know different

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Commuting)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billyam998
E, Gold

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: I know different Reply with quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8382506.stm

borlicks, try crossing the kegworth island at 6:50 am trying not to unclip Razz Twisted Evil
Then proceed up the A50 to the Long eaton turn off, now thats kin scary.
Unlit glass strewn cyclepath equally unpalletable.
Whippet
E, Gold

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: I know different Reply with quote

billyam998 wrote:

borlicks, try crossing the kegworth island at 6:50 am trying not to unclip Razz Twisted Evil
can you go up long lane from kegworth to the plank and leggit instead? it's scary for different reasons though, because if i were a murderer that's where i'd go to dump the body.
billyam998
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: I know different Reply with quote

Whippet wrote:
billyam998 wrote:

can you go up long lane from kegworth to the plank and leggit instead? it's scary for different reasons though, because if i were a murderer that's where i'd go to dump the body.

Yes that route is a possibility, but adds about 15 mins on my journey and the chance of getting mown down by a random pikey in a transit van is highly likely. If the gates were closed and locked it would be a good route, but it's turned into a rat run and is very dangerous even in daylight.
My journey from just south of loogabarooga to derby takes on average 1 hour 10 and can be quite enjoyable, but I rarely have an incident free ride Crying or Very sad .
Andrew Jackson
E, Gold

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that the area around the A453, A50 and M1 are, IMO, the most dangerous roads locally to me. I would NEVER ride my bike on the A453 (or M1 Laughing ), but have ridden on the A50 for 1 junction and shat myself.

Long Lane and the cycle paths should and could be great, but need lots of work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Commuting) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: