Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Roster almost complete for Horizon Fitness

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Roster almost complete for Horizon Fitness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
veloriders
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Roster almost complete for Horizon Fitness Reply with quote

Two more riders have been added to the Horizon Fitness roster for 2010 taking the squad up to 6 riders. It’s been a really busy time for the squad as it also expands it’s commercial partners and plans for the busy schedule of races it will embark upon for the coming season. Current Welsh Road Race Champion Hannah Rich has just been announced as the latest rider for this exciting new British women’s road team and adds a lot of strength to the team. ‘She’s a winner, that’s for sure,’ commented team manager Stefan Wyman on the signing. ‘Hannah has proved she can win in the UK, now we need to help take her to the next level and get her winning in Europe. She’ll be able to compete in the Welsh Champions Jersey as well which will be nice.’ Hannah won the 2009 Welsh Road Race Championships along with several other road and track events. Hannah also represented Great Britain in Europe in 2009 and hopes to build on that European experience.

About the move, Hannah said, "The move to the new team is an exciting new prospect and is one I wish to take with both hands. With the opportunities the team can provide for me I hope to gain selection to represent Wales at the Commonwealth Games in Delhi and learn from the more experienced riders and managers in the team"

Annabel Simpson is the next rider to be added to the squad. Currently at university in the UK, Annabel will focus on the UK races around her studies. She has recently switched her focus from Mountain Bike to road, and it will be good to see her progress through the ranks. ‘I’m really looking forward to helping Annabel switch to a full road focus. It will be a lot different for her and I think she’ll really benefit from the increase in focus on one discipline. She’s got the talent and I think we’ll be able to help her move forward very fast.’ said Wyman about the signing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: