Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Cycling during pregnancy?

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Cycling during pregnancy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Health & Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
legro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heartbeat wrote:
Tried not to....but cracked !!!! A man would never be able to ride 60 miles while eight months pregnant.....Smile

I rode the 1975 Worlds in Belgium in between contractions when I had a stone in the kidney

Fear leads to anger....Anger leads to Stress......Stress leads to Doobies...and Doobies leads to Twinkies

The spirit of Brian must live on
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daphne Brackett
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure she listens to her body and do what she feels comfortable doing, but otherwise business as usual.

I decided that riding Harlow Track league whilst pregnant was not the best thing to be doing so stopped that as soon as I found out, but continued to ride the three miles to work until I no longer felt safe on the roads due to the traffic. Second time around I did a 40+ mile ride on no training at all then found out I was pregnant 2 weeks later. Both children all grown up and showing no adverse effects - although no real cycling ability was conferred upon them Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Health & Fitness All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: