Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Hamstring injury

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Hamstring injury

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Health & Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bikeit
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Hamstring injury Reply with quote

I have had a tight hamstring for a while now so i recently went to a sports masseuse to see if he could loosen it up, but while he was working on my right hamstring he noticed a ball type mass of tissue high up on the leg which he tried to break up but without any success, he was a bit unsure what is was but he thought it was from a previous injury to my hamstring, any one here have or know what this might be?
Dogma Dave
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Hamstring injury Reply with quote

bikeit wrote:
I have had a tight hamstring for a while now so i recently went to a sports masseuse to see if he could loosen it up, but while he was working on my right hamstring he noticed a ball type mass of tissue high up on the leg which he tried to break up but without any success, he was a bit unsure what is was but he thought it was from a previous injury to my hamstring, any one here have or know what this might be?

Masseuse is a bird innit.
seve88
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got/had something similar but on the front of the thigh. It came from playing football and pulling a muscle (quad?). I kept playing through the injury and the muscle did not repair properly and instead formed a ball of scar tissue. At it's worse it was a bit smaller than a golf ball.

Had just 1 session with a physio who showed me how to deep massage it to keep breaking it down and then what exercises to do to start building it up and repairing properly. It takes a long time to reduce but I've never fully got rid of it and have been told that without expensive laser surgery it will never go completely.

This may or may not be what you have.
bikeit
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seve88 funny you should mention a golf ball he also referred to the ball of scar tissue to the size of a golf ball, i will see him again this week and hope he can break up the scar tissue some more.
eastway82
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bikeit wrote:
Seve88 funny you should mention a golf ball he also referred to the ball of scar tissue to the size of a golf ball, .

Well, that's yer British standard range of sizes for vaguely spherical objects, innit - pea, golf ball, orange etc. By the time you get to football you probably don't need a doctor to tell you it's not good news.
Actually, that applies to the sport as well, come to think of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Health & Fitness All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: