Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Landis

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Landis
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Road & General Cycling)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you believe him?
Yes
75%
 75%  [ 103 ]
No
24%
 24%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 136

Voodoo
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Landis Reply with quote

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703691804575255410855321120.html?mod=rss_whats_news_us

I d0ped! But so did Lance, George, DZ & Levi

Next few weeks should be fun!
SteveO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance won't be happy.

Simeoni, Lemond and now this upstart. Where's the respect?
special guest star
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see why Armstrong might be concerned......I've stayed in Spain a few times - and the electricity can be unpredictable
mattr
World Champ

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to, but he's not exactly been reliable up to now has he.
Voodoo
Div 2 Pro

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey C will not be happy either!
Tucker
Tour Winner

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

special guest star wrote:
I can see why Armstrong might be concerned......I've stayed in Spain a few times - and the electricity can be unpredictable

Laughing genius
Richard Kennedy
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this admission mean that he'll refund everyone who contributed to his "fairness fund"? Laughing
Flabio Chubbolinni
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Can I have my money back on his book "Postively False" although it is a great work of fiction.

Dean Tranter
Rob of the Og
E, Gold

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noone who follows pro cycling should be surprised by any of those 'revelations', but Armstrong shouldn't be too concerned considering Flandis has been systematically destroying his own credibility for 4 years now.
SteveO
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob of the Og wrote:
Noone who follows pro cycling should be surprised by any of those 'revelations', but Armstrong shouldn't be too concerned considering Flandis has been systematically destroying his own credibility for 4 years now.

IIRC, even Rock Racing didn't want him. Shocked
Salsiccia
E, Gold

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe him, but who cares? We've all got to the point where we know he was on it, suspect just about everyone else is or has been on it, and ignore that and just enjoy the racing.
Odge
E, Gold

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you need proof in cases like this? "Evidence" I think it's called in legal parlance. Otherwise it's at the level of playground antics - calling each other names etc
Rob of the Og
E, Gold

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odge wrote:
Don't you need proof in cases like this? "Evidence" I think it's called in legal parlance. Otherwise it's at the level of playground antics - calling each other names etc

True enough. It's interesting that plenty of US news sources are now picking this up and including Armstrong in the headlines, maybe a proper journalist will get onto this and start joining up some of the dots.
key ran
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About bloady time Landis decided to *CENSORED* the beans. Still I'm sure those named will weather it out if all Landis has is his word.
JimmyRay
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now thats what I call spitting in the soup.

Do you think Floyd is a bit cheesed off because he is the only 'old boy' not at this years TOC or something?

I can imagine everything he says is true, however whether there is any way to back it up with evidence is another manner.

I am sure Mr Bahati won't be too pleased that one of his stars is smashing the sport he cites as an inspiration and a way for kids to break free from the social circles crippling their lives in certain areas of america.

Ho hum.
racyrich2
E, Gold

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Armstrong, Mr Landis, etc. Isn't it quaint. Good old-fashioned American manners.
Terry Tibbs
E, Gold

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Kennedy wrote:
Does this admission mean that he'll refund everyone who contributed to his "fairness fund"? Laughing

Was thinking there may be further implications. What would happen to all the money Armstrong has raised for charity if any of these allegations were proved?
Odge
E, Gold

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Armstrong kept extracted blood in his own fridge in his closet in his flat in Girona? Doesn't that seem dodgy considering how he's oft quoted as being the "most tested athlete on the planet"? Surely he's been visited by anti-d0ping officials at his Girona residence?
USPS/Discovery/Astana/Radioshack always seem(ed) to be untouchable and clever about hiding any alleged d0ping programme so it seems odd that he should keep daming evidence at his own house when his contemporaries were going to the infamous Spanish f4nny doctor to have their blood extracted and stored
Odge
E, Gold

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry Tibbs wrote:
Was thinking there may be further implications. What would happen to all the money Armstrong has raised for charity if any of these allegations were proved?

Wasn't he challenged through the courts by an insurer who had to pay out a bonus for some of his TdF wins? They tried to wriggle out of paying it and alleged drug use but the crux of the argument was that the bonus was dependant on his winning the TdF, not the manner in which it was attained
lancewrite
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odge wrote:
So Armstrong kept extracted blood in his own fridge in his closet in his flat in Girona? Doesn't that seem dodgy considering how he's oft quoted as being the "most tested athlete on the planet"? Surely he's been visited by anti-d0ping officials at his Girona residence?
USPS/Discovery/Astana/Radioshack always seem(ed) to be untouchable and clever about hiding any alleged d0ping programme so it seems odd that he should keep daming evidence at his own house when his contemporaries were going to the infamous Spanish f4nny doctor to have their blood extracted and stored

Dope testers can't search your house and the Spanish police have never shown an interest.

It'll be interesting to see what Andy Rihs (BMC) and JV (Garmin) say about some of the allegations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Road & General Cycling) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: