Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Does Pat McQuaid have any credibility?

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Does Pat McQuaid have any credibility?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Road & General Cycling)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Does Pat McQuaid have any credibility?
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 11 ]
No
85%
 85%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 74

Killer C
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Does Pat McQuaid have any credibility? Reply with quote

I would expect Pat McQuaid's response to the Landis 'revelations' to be something like ... "These are serious allegations which I cannot comment on until we have investigated them further." ... not to just try to discredit Landis. I don't think Pat McQuaid has any credibility which, as he is head of the UCI, is more serious than whether Lance doped or not.
benlane
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree - surely he should have said "these are serious allegations which require a thorough investigation" Rather than deride Flandis.
clouchi
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should take any accusations seriously when they involve the fight against doping wherever they come from. But then this one also includes good old Hein Verbruggan - we would not want the closed world of the UCI and IOC to be tainted, would we!
Mr.B
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the man is a fookin disgrace. I've no idea how this works - could WADA force them to look into (at least the doping element of) it?
Fritz
E, Gold

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, so Landis is all of a sudden telling the truth now?
orbeas
Cat 1 Groupie
Cat 1 Groupie

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Pat McQuaid v Floyd Landis Reply with quote

The problem with McQuaid is that, according to floyd Landis, Armstrong failed a dope test in the tour de swiss, and then went to the UCI with Bruneyel and paid money to the then Mr Pres. fellow Belgian Verbruggan.

It is well known that McQuaid is Verbruggan's puppet and it is Verbruggan pulling the strings at the UCI.

look at the way events are pulled from the Olympics.

'The Great Olympic Swindle' by andrew jennings is a great read if you want to read about sporting swindles.

so there is no way that the UCI will investigate it, and probably McQuaid has been covering up similar things as well. there are very substancial evidence that at the Beijing Olympics various gold medallists were found to have been doped and the labs doing the tests were amazed that the results were never produced.

Money will always come out on top over justice !!!!
stretch armstrong
Div 3 Pro

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Pat McQuaid v Floyd Landis Reply with quote

orbeas wrote:
The problem with McQuaid is that, according to floyd Landis, Armstrong failed a dope test in the tour de swiss, and then went to the UCI with Bruneyel and paid money to the then Mr Pres. fellow Belgian Verbruggan.

It is well known that McQuaid is Verbruggan's puppet and it is Verbruggan pulling the strings at the UCI.

look at the way events are pulled from the Olympics.

'The Great Olympic Swindle' by andrew jennings is a great read if you want to read about sporting swindles.

so there is no way that the UCI will investigate it, and probably McQuaid has been covering up similar things as well. there are very substancial evidence that at the Beijing Olympics various gold medallists were found to have been doped and the labs doing the tests were amazed that the results were never produced.

Money will always come out on top over justice !!!!

verbruggens dutch not belgian

Putting the dross back in Clay Cross (RT)
two20
E, Bronze

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah your right. Flloyd is such a creditable character. Despite trying every way possible to completely undermine the world cycling organisations, the independent labs that performed his tests, the appeals procedures, and Oh by the way I'm still innocent. We should take his word over the worlds most tested, and never positive athlete.
tis
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How else would you expect McQuaid to respond to the attack on the UCI?

I don't doubt some of what he says is true, but Landis is a moron, pathological liar, been shown to be happy to try and blackmail people and all of a sudden what he says should be taken as true?

I don't think so...
Killer C
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I find disgraceful is the way that Pat and the UCI just start to rubbish Floyd who is clearly a serial liar, but has has made very serious allegations. It seems to be the same pattern. A rider makes accusations, which always seem to turn out true, but rather than investigating the allegations the UCI just attacks the rider.
mho
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killer C wrote:
What I find disgraceful is the way that Pat and the UCI just start to rubbish Floyd who is clearly a serial liar, but has has made very serious allegations. It seems to be the same pattern. A rider makes accusations, which always seem to turn out true, but rather than investigating the allegations the UCI just attacks the rider.

I seem to recall Bernnie Kholl was listened too as had Millar so that is a load of tosh.
Killer C
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mho wrote:
Killer C wrote:

I seem to recall Bernnie Kholl was listened too as had Millar so that is a load of tosh.

"The statements Kohl makes are totally inaccurate," said McQuaid, when asked for his response to those claims. "I wouldn't accept anything. I haven't seen the full interview that he did, I only saw excerpts. But those excerpts I saw were totally inaccurate and not in line with the accurate facts. He is using things to suit himself."

Cycling will never resolve the *CENSORED* problem until PM goes and there is a complete overhaul of the UCI.
Tom Butcher
E, Silver

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He really is unbelievable - you'd think he'd at least pretend to take the allegations seriously. I know very little about the way the UCI works - isn't it possible for the federations to get rid of him - what was BCs position on his election - did they support him ?
AlbertHerring
E, Silver

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An investigation is, at least in the first instance, the national federation's job, not the UCI's.
Thomo
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlbertHerring wrote:
An investigation is, at least in the first instance, the national federation's job, not the UCI's.
Not when the UCI are themselves involved in the allegations... It's an internal investigation of that alleged incident that is at issue here.

But I should point out that the year in which these allegations took part, the race Armstrong was alleged to have failed a test in & that was now alleged he paid off the UCI to cover up... he didn't actually ride! Rolling Eyes Confused

Paul
E, Gold

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomo wrote:
[But I should point out that the year in which these allegations took part, the race Armstrong was alleged to have failed a test in & that was now alleged he paid off the UCI to cover up... he didn't actually ride! Rolling Eyes Confused

Paul

It's a badly worded e-mail but Landis is trying to make the point that he heard in 2002 about the failed test but never says it was 2002 when it occured. He's saying it was the year before - 2001 when LA did win it
Odge
E, Gold

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2002: He also divulged to me at that time that in the first year that the EPO test was used he had been told by Mr Ferrari, who had access to the new test, that he should not use EPO anymore but he did not believe Mr Farrari and continued to use it. He later, while winning the Tour de Swiss, the month before the Tour de France, tested positive for EPO at which point he and Mr Bruyneel flew to the UCI headquarters and made a financial agreement with Mr. Vrubrugen to keep the positive test hidden.

He's quoting an entry from his 2002 diary (when he joined USPS) where he talks about the "first year that the EPO test was used" which was 2000 - Sydney Olympics? When Landis says "He later, while winning the Tour de Swiss, the month before the Tour de France, tested positive for EPO" he's talking about 2001
Badger
E, Gold

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sad things is, we don't believe Landis when he says he didn't dope but we believe him when he says he did, regardless of his state of mind
gswarbrick
E, Gold

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger wrote:
The sad things is, we don't believe Landis when he says he didn't dope but we believe him when he says he did, regardless of his state of mind

"we"?
http://www.trackcycling.me.uk

You can also follow me on Twitter - gswarbrick and trackcycling
KJ
T de F Winner

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/470147/brailsford-speaks-on-allegations-against-barry.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Road & General Cycling) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: