Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk :: View topic - Rider down on A56 M60 junction - Sale / Manchester

Home FAQ Register Usergroups Search Memberlist Gallery StatisticsForum Sponsors •  Photo RequestProfile • Links Log in to check your private messagesLog inBC Eastmidlands

Rider down on A56 M60 junction - Sale / Manchester

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Commuting)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Barber
E, Silver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Rider down on A56 M60 junction - Sale / Manchester Reply with quote

Brings it home to you with the risk of commuting - rider knocked off by a car turning left across the cycle lane to turn onto M60 approx 8.20am this morning.

looked like he had damaged his shoulder

As a first aider I stopped to on my ride to work to check the ambulance had been called and he was as ok as he could be with the crowd of people attending to him.

Be careful guys! Hope he is ok.
mrchrispy
Cat 4 Groupie
Cat 4 Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know the junction well, i assume traveling into town.

its worse the other way as they tend to be going faster, I find moving out into primary when passing that sliproad helps. the cyclelane isn't worth the green it painted with.

hope the fella is okay.
special guest star
Div 1 Pro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is a bad area generally - ever come down from salford and tried to join the dual carriageway from the outside lane after the big roundabout - heading back towards sale altrincham - it is a nightmare - only to be tried once Shocked

really the whole a56 is no go !
wobbly
E, Silver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

special guest star wrote:
that is a bad area generally - ever come down from salford and tried to join the dual carriageway from the outside lane after the big roundabout - heading back towards sale altrincham - it is a nightmare - only to be tried once Shocked

really the whole a56 is no go !

Yes, I used to live behind the Old Cock pub - most effective technique was to go down the outside then sprint across the 3 lanes - always was a busy junction - are there any bike lanes ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cycling Forums UK : www.veloriders.co.uk Forum Index -> Discussion (Commuting) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: